fιfтєєи

The next day, Nagi opened his mailbox without much expectation — but to his surprise, a familiar envelope with Y/n’s handwriting was there

The next day, Nagi opened his mailbox without much expectation — but to his surprise, a familiar envelope with Y/n’s handwriting was there. For a second, he just stared at it, almost not believing it was real.

Reo spotted him holding the letter on their way to class. “Hey, she finally wrote back! Bet you’re relieved, huh?”

Nagi tried to brush off Reo’s teasing, but he couldn’t stop a small smile from appearing. “Maybe,” he said, slipping the letter into his bag. But really, he wanted to tear it open right then and there.

Later, during a break, he unfolded the letter in a quiet spot and started reading.

~

Dear Nagi,

Sorry for disappearing! Things got really busy on my end — exams, projects, and some family stuff all piled up at once. I didn’t mean to ignore you or anything. I missed writing to you, too!

By the way, I got your letter. It made me laugh — you sounded a little worried! I didn’t know I’d be missed, haha. Anyway, I’m back now, so expect more random doodles and stories again.

Oh, and ther school festival is finally opening! My teacher said we’re going to invite students from other schools. I think yours too? You're forced to come here i guess haha. Anyway, my prize still stands. :)

-Y/n ´・ᴗ・'

~

Nagi read her words twice, feeling a mix of relief and... something else. She’d missed him, too? And the mention of the festival tugged at him. The thought of maybe meeting her face-to-face felt strange but exciting.

Reo, noticing his friend’s lingering expression, nudged him. “Looks like you’re happy to hear from her, huh?”

Nagi shrugged, slipping the letter back into his bag. “Yeah… it’s nice.”

But in the back of his mind, he couldn’t shake the thought: Maybe he’d finally get to meet her.