ѕιxтєєи

As the days flew by, the buzz of the upcoming school festival electrified the campus

As the days flew by, the buzz of the upcoming school festival electrified the campus. Posters filled with colorful designs plastered the hallways, announcing games, food stalls, and activities that promised a day of fun. Nagi could hardly escape the energy; even during classes, chatter about the festival filled the air.

During lunch, Nagi found himself sitting with Reo and a few other friends. The table was littered with food, but Nagi's mind was elsewhere — particularly on the letter he received from Y/n.

“Dude, you’ve been super quiet,” Reo said, nudging him playfully. “Still thinking about your penpal?”

Nagi shrugged, trying to act nonchalant. “It’s just... she mentioned the festival.” He pulled out her letter and handed it to Reo. “She said we’re invited. I’m supposed to be ‘forced to come.’”

Reo read the letter aloud, chuckling at the casual tone. “My prize still stands? What prize?”

Nagi felt a slight flush creep onto his cheeks. “She’s talking about the ring toss game. She said if I come, I have to play it, and if I win, I get a prize. It’s stupid.”

“Sounds like she wants you to come and show off your skills!” Reo grinned. “You can’t let her down now. What if you win and impress her?”

Nagi rolled his eyes but couldn’t help a small smile. “Yeah, right. I don’t even care about that stuff.”

“Sure you don’t,” Reo said, smirking. “But if she’s got a prize waiting for you, you have to at least try. It’s a good way to break the ice.”

As the festival approached, excitement and nervousness brewed within Nagi. He spent the next few days contemplating what to bring for Y/n and how to approach her when they finally met. Should he be casual? Funny? Maybe a little romantic? The options swirled in his mind like the autumn leaves outside.

On the day before the festival, Nagi dug out the charm bracelet he had kept from his childhood, a simple yet meaningful item. He remembered how it had always brought him luck during his soccer games, and he figured it might do the same for him in this situation.

“What are you bringing for her?” Reo asked, noticing Nagi’s sudden serious expression.

Nagi held up the bracelet. “This. It’s a good luck charm.”

Reo’s eyes widened. “That’s perfect! You’ve got to give it to her. It’ll show you really care.”

“Yeah, I guess,” Nagi replied, though his stomach fluttered with uncertainty.

As they finished lunch, Nagi could hardly focus on anything else. The festival was tomorrow, and for the first time, he felt a mix of excitement and anxiety.

 The festival was tomorrow, and for the first time, he felt a mix of excitement and anxiety