Chapter 3: When She Left Me

Tobin's POV
I wake up the next morning trying to still process what happened last night. I get out of bed and it's just... silent. there is a piece of paper laying on the kitchen table.
It was from Alex.

Once I finished reading the letter I go immediately into her room and there was nothing. She left. she really left because of me. I wouldn't blame her though. I was really tough on her and I did tell her to leave...
I sit down on the couch, and begin to cry.

At around noon Lauren came in as she usually does everyday to check up on me.
"Hey Tobin, hey Alex! Lauren Holiday also known as Lauren Cheney is in the house!!" She says with a smile on her face.
"Hey" is all I managed to say.
"Wait where is Alex?" Lauren asks.

And when she said that I began to cry once again.
Lauren walked over to me and gave me a hug without saying a word.
"Hey Tobin what happened? Are you okay?"

"She left, Alex left last night." I said while crying. "we had a fight last night and I went all out on her and I also told her to leave because I was so mad with her and now I don't know where she is." I cried harder when I said this.
"It's okay Tobin, I'll take care of this. I will look for her and find her I promise."
"Thank you Lauren."
She hugged me tighter and it felt food to know she was there for me.

Lauren's POV
That day at practice I told the team about what happened and they said they'd keep a look out if they see her. Alex was still out with a concussion and she should be back in like 3 days if she was still on the team...

After practice I went in my car and drove around all of New York and looked in every Inn, Motel, and hotel to see if Alex was in any of them. I promised Tobin I would find her and I keep my promises. After about like 2 hours I stopped looking for today. There was still a whole other side of New York to look through so I decided to save it for tomorrow.

I went back to our hotel and went to Tobin's room.
"Hey Tobin, it's Lauren."
"Hey Cheney can you turn on the fan please."
She was obviously crying. I can hear it in her voice.
"Tobin it's like 80 degrees outside why are you wearing a sweatshirt?"
"Because I want to" she says.
This is not the Tobin Heath I know. it's summer she wears anything but sweatshirts and long stuff. something was obviously up.
"well Tobin we wouldn't have to turn on the fan if you changed into a regular shirt."
"Well Lauren i asked you to turn on the fan and if you don't want to can you please get out of my room?" She started to sound mad and it got me worried.

So I left her room and went to use the bathroom when I saw small drops of blood in the sink and a little on the floor. I quickly used the bathroom, washed my hands and went to Tobin's room.
I went to the side of her bed and grabbed her arm.
"Lauren let go of me!"
"Don't try to fight me on this one Tobin!"
Of course she didn't go down without a fight. She's a tough little girl.
"TOBIN! Please just stop I know what you did already."
And with that she calmed down and began to cry again. I picked up her arm again, rolled up the sleeves of her sweatshirt and I saw it.
Two cuts.
"Tobin..." I just pulled her in for a hug. I have never seen her like this before. She needed Alex, her bestfriend. "Your staying in my room with Kelley." I told Tobin. I went to the first aid kit and cleaned Tobin's cuts. I then packed some of her stuff in a bag and then we went up the elevator then went to my room. "she was depressed without Alex there. I needed to find her there was no other option.

Still Lauren's POV

After practice the next day I waited for Carli outside the locker room.
"Hey carli can I talk to you for a minute?"
"Yea sure what's up Cheney?"
"It's Tobin. She's depressed and cut herself twice."
"Oh my gosh! Where is she now?"
"She's in me and Kelley's hotel room. but anyway I need your help to find Alex."
"Yea of course let's start looking." Carli said in a very concerned tone.

We looked everywhere and I mean everywhere. then we went to this one small hotel. We went up to the front desk person. "um is there anyone named Alex Morgan staying here?"
"Let me check. Hmm umm yes there is. She's in room 209 second floor."
"Oh my gosh thank you so much." Carli and me say.

We run up the stairs because the elevator was to slow. once we get to the second floor we start looking for room 209. Finally we find it. "okay here we go I say." then we knock on the door.
Alex's POV
As I'm watching tv I here a knock on my door. I get up and open it. It's Lauren Holiday and Carli Lloyd.
"ALEX!" Lauren says and gives me a hug.
"Hey baby horse" Carli says.
I give both of them hugs and let them in. I'm not sure how they found me but I was happy to see them.
Then Lauren starts talking. "Alex, Tobin needs her bestfriend. You. she's been scaring me to death lately to the point where she has to stay with Kelley and me. She cut herself twice already..."
"Oh my gosh, Tobin."
"I think it's time for you to come back." Carli says.
"I... I can't yet.I'm not ready to see her yet."
"Well we can't control you and tell you what to do but is this really what you want?" Carli also says.
"I don't know yet okay? Just give me a couple more days." I say."

Then Carli and a Lauren get up and start to leave. "both of you can you just keep me updated on Tobin please? I still care about."
"We got you Lex just please make the right choice here."
"I will I say." I give both of them a hug and they both leave.

*Authors Note*
Sorry for a short chapter I'm really tired right now. but I hope you like it!