Chapter 6: Just Like Old Times, Well Sorta

Tobin's POV
So tomorrow the team will take on China and this game was important. Whoever wins has a spot in the World Cup Games.
"Alex let's go the bus leaves in 10 minutes!" Gosh she takes forever. But I'm happy to have her back in my life.
"Okay I'm done gosh you never give me enough time!"
"You had two hours to get ready!" I said
"I know" she says while laughing.
We finally leave our room and go down the elevator and to the lobby where the whole team is waiting for us.
"What took you guys so long?" Lauren asks.
"Alex took a long time as usual." I said giving a glare at Alex. She just laughs. We finally get on the bus and I take a seat next to Alex. We always sit next to each other on the bus. It took about 45 minuets to get to the airport. We will be playing in China tomorrow. Once we get on the plane I of course sat next to Alex. It was gonna be a long flight there.
About 30 minutes after take off Alex started to fall asleep. She was leaning away from me and looked uncomfortable and kept waking up.
"I know you want to lean on my shoulder." I said to her.
"Yea I do but I remember the last time I did you said I had a big head and your shoulder was to weak for my head to lean on." She said with a laugh.
"Oh whatever come here." She finally listened and leaned on my shoulder.
"Thanks Toby."
"Hey no problem."
After about a 10 hour flight we were finally in China. Everyone was tired accept Alex who slept for the first 2 hours and last 2 hours of the flight. There was a bus waiting for us to take us to our hotel we would be staying in. It didn't take long to get there.

Alex's POV
I help Tobin get her stuff and we get out if the bus. I take the elevator with Tobin as everyone else takes the stairs. When we get to the room I'm obviously her roommate. We are roommates, bus buddies, airplane buddies, and just buddies in everything.
"Ugh I'm so tired." Tobin complains.
" oh quit complaining. Take a shower then we can eat then you can sleep."
"Ugh fine." Tobin always complains it's natural for her and it's sometimes really annoying. But you know she does it so much i just have to live with it.
"Alex can you help um... Um bandage my cuts." Tobin says in a sad tone.
It immediately makes me sad and brings back everything that went down between us. I've been trying really hard to push everything behind me. But I know it will stick with m forever.
"Uh yea sure..." I say feeling bad for her.
I get a big bandage and put it on her cuts. Then I get some medical tape and wrap it around her wrist. I was silent the whole time.
"Alex I can see the hurt in your eyes." Tobin says. I obviously don't do a good job hiding my emotions. I don't respond. "Alex you can't just ignore me about this. This is something we need to talk about."
I finish wrapping her wrist. "Yea ok let's talk."
T: "I know we had a really rough time and it was hard the first couple of weeks but we are on the road to recovery and I already see Our friendship turning back to how it was before. I already have a good grip on you and I don't want you to just slip away from me."
A: "I know but I just can't get the image out of my head. The fact that if I didn't come any sooner then I would have lost you for good. The fact that you were depressed because I wasn't there for you, it kills me in the inside. The thought of not having you around will always haunt me. And know that you will have scars on your arms it will always come back to me." I started to cry now.
T: "well let's make a pinky promise, like in senior year, that whatever we do bad to each other we will never be mad and we will forgive each other."
I hold out my pinky and we make our pinky promise.
A: i kiss her bandage on her arm "for a fast healing." I said. "I love you Tobin, I don't know what I'd do without you."
T: "I love you to Alex. You will always be my bestfriend."

It felt good to get that out of my system. We went to bed after that because we had a big game ahead of us tomorrow.
*the next morning*

Tobin and was up early and cooked some breakfast. Honestly i don't like Chinese food that much and I am a vegetarian. So Tobin made some scrambled eggs and toasted waffles. After breakfast I take a shower and out in my practice uniform because we were going to practice before the game. Tobin is just wearing a USA shirt and some sweats. We take it easy today and do some simple shooting and passing drills. After that we head back to the hotel and relax until game time.

Tobin's POV
Alex of course takes a nap before the game and I just watch some tv.after that I decided to go and visit Lauren.
Once I get to her room I knock on the door and she opens it.
"Hey Cheney!"
"Hey Tobin!" She says and gives me a hug.
"Where's Alex?"
"Oh you she doing her usual pre game nap."
I just stay there for a while then head back to wake up Alex so she has enough time to get ready.
"Alex wake up and get ready!" I yell.
"Give me 5 more minutes." Alex yells back.
"Come on you know how long you take to get ready." There was no response. So I go to the kitchen and get a nice cold glass of water and go to her room.
"Alex come on get up."
"No" she says.
"Fine." I said with a grin. Then I splash the water onto her.
"AHHHH! OH MY GOSH I HATE YOU TOBIN!!" She says laughing and dripping wet.
"Well that's what you get for not getting up sweetie."
After that she finally got up and changed. In about an hour she was ready to go. The rest of the team is ready so we load the bus and head on to our game.

*GAME TIME*
Alex's POV
The score is tied 1-1, not a lot happening in the game but it was really intense. China starts heading down to our goal and shoots it but Hope Solo saves it. Then she punts it and it is taken away by Carli Lloyd. She passes it to me and I shoot it and all I hear is the ball hitting the back of the net. The crowd goes wild but mostly boos from the Chinese fans.
"WHOOO GOOD JOB ALEX!" Carli says and gives me a hug. I run over to the bench and give Tobin a hug. "Nice shot baby horse!" Tobin says.
Finally when the refs blew the whistle, game over.We won! We all celebrate and hug each other.
"GOOD JOB LADIES! WE ARE GOING BACK TO THE WORLD CUP!" Carli yells out.
We did it. It was a great way to end a great night.