Chapter 10: I've Got Your Back Kriegs

Ali's POV
(On the phone with Alex)
AM: "hello?"
AK: "hey are you busy right now?"
AM: "no I'm not. Everything alright?"
AK: "yea I just need to tell you something."
AM: "okay I'll be in your room in a few."
AK: "okay see you then."
A few minutes later Alex shows up. "Hey Kriegs"
"Hey lex"
"So what do you need to tell me?"
I already feel tears forming in my eyes. But Alex hasn't seemed to notice yet.
I take a deep breathe and begin.
"I need to go back to Virginia tomorrow."
"Wait why?"
"My..... My dad just passed away  from cancer last night."
My tears streamed down my face. My dad was my coach and biggest fan and has been since the first day I stepped on the soccer field. It tore me down knowing that he was gone and won't be there to cheer me on anymore.
"Ali, oh my gosh I'm so sorry."
Alex gets up, sits next to me and gives me a hug. I cry uncontrollably into her shoulders.
"He will always be with you no matter what." Alex says to me.
"I need to start packing some clothes because I don't know how long I'll be there." I say with tears still coming down.
"No Ali, you stay here ill pack your stuff."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes I'm positive. Just sit here and rest." She says with a comforting smile.
"Thank you Alex."
Then she goes to my room and starts packing my stuff.
Alex's POV
After about 2 hours of packing I come out and I find Ali asleep on the couch. I quietly walk over to her and wake her up.
"Hey Kriegy I finished packing."
She gets up and rubs her eyes.
"You can go now, thank you Alex."
I give her a nice long hug then start to head out the door.
"Hey Alex, can you tell the team?"
I give her a nod and head out.
Once I got to my room I called Carli to gather the team for a quick meeting. We all met at the lobby. Once everyone was there I began to speak.
"Ali's dad just passed away last night. She will be leaving for Virginia tomorrow to be with her family. So I think we should all go to JFK airport and you know, be with her until she leaves."
Everyone nods in agreement.
"She's had a rough month so the least we can do is support her and pray for her and her family." I say.
"Let's play for Krieger!" Tobin yells out.
I look at her and smile. After that everyone went back to there rooms. I of course waited for Tobin by the elevator. Once  she gets there we go back to our rooms. I started packing a bag to because I was going on the plane with Ali so I can help her out with her bags and stuff. She also doesn't know about this. Since we are the USWNT we get free tickets because we travel so much.
*the next day*
Kriegs doesn't know the whole team was coming. I go up to her room and see she is already ready to leave. I grab all her bags because she can't carry any and we use the elevator. Once we get there we go to my car. I was driving her there and the rest of the team would take the bus to the airport.
"Thanks so much for everything you've done for me Alex."
"Anytime. Like you said we are like sisters and I would do anything for you."
After about an hour drive we finally were at the airport. I got her bags and carried it. We had to go through all the security and scanning stuff. After that we sat down and waited. It was 9:12am her (our) plane would take off at 10.
I looked around and saw the whole team behind us.
"Hey Kriegs I think you have some people to see. Turn around."
We both got up and went to see them. Everyone gave Ali a hug and said there good byes and stuff.
We all sat down and talked while waiting for her flight to be called.
Tobin gave me the bag that I packed yesterday.
"Flight 967 to Virginia is ready for boarding."
That was for us. There were more hugs and goodbyes.
"Your not going to say goodbye to me Lex?" She says jokingly.
"I don't need to yet. I also don't know how your gonna manage your bags and stuff without any help." A say while smiling.
Ali just smiles and gives me a hug. Then I went over to Tobin.
"I'll be back tomorrow for sure." Then I give her a hug to.
"See you later Lex"
"See you later Toby"
Finally we both go on the plane. I take the window seat so Ali doesn't have a hard time getting out.
"You don't know how much I love you right now Alex."
I just smile at her. We both take turns taking a nap so one of us could lean on the others shoulder.
After a 3 hour flight we were in Virginia. I grab Ali's bags that are on the top shelf thing. Ugh we were finally out of the plane.
Once we get there Ali's mom is there to greet us. We get in her moms car and drive to there house.
Ali's POV
I was extremely thankful for Alex being there with me even it was just for a day.  We get to my house and it just brings back memories. Sad memories. I see my brother Kyle and give him a hug. I haven't seen him in forever.

Alex helps me unpack all my stuff. She has just a small bag with not a lot of stuff in it. It makes sense since she was just staying a day. Before anything I give alex a tour of my house. Then we go into my old room that I shared with my sister.
That night after dinner we went back to my room.
"I'll sleep on my sisters bed and you can sleep on my bed so it doesn't seem strange." I tell Alex.
"Okay. Goodnight Kriegy."
"Goodnight Morgan."

I woke up the next morning  and Alex was already awake. We both ate breakfast and took a shower. I helped her put her stuff back in her bag.
"Okay well I guess this is a goodbye for now." Alex says.
I just nod.
"Come here." She says and gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"I love you Ali and I just want you to know that I've got your back. You call me if you ever need anything. Ill book a flight anytime."
Then she gives me one last hug.
"Thank you so much Alex."
Tears streamed down my cheeks. I've never had someone act so close to a sister to me as she has. I was gonna be gone for 3 or 4 weeks and those weeks will be hard without the team here.
Alex gets in the taxi that's waiting for her and I give her one last wave.

Authors Note: yay I got another chapter in! 2 in one day, woahh that's a first!! And btw it's just a fan fiction I know Ali Krieger doesn't have a sister! but anyway thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed it:) sorry for any grammar errors to. I think this is going to be one of the last chapters with Ali's POV in it. She may pop up here and there so she won't be completely gone. Also I hope you guys like my new cover I think it looks cooler:)
Again thanks for reading, love you guys!