Chapter 5

Willow P.O.V

      Fuming the rest of the day, I do chores, still ignoring what I’m assigned to. If he wants a war he’ll get a war. I had been mad at everybody and eventually nobody was talking to me, I didn’t mind the silence though. I still haven’t seen the kid from the day in the hall. Why don’t just explore this hell hole, my hand pauses in midair from dusting, why hadn’t I thought of this sooner? A devilish smile creeps onto my lips, leaving everything I had been doing I start exploring, opening door after door.

Reaching a door I hadn’t opened, I carefully studied it, it didn’t look too important, shrugging I swing the door open. Screams erupt in the room and staring at me is a room of children, “Miss we weren’t being bad!” one little girl no older than five started bawling. I stand stunned at the scene; there were probably twenty children all under the age 13. They all shook with fear and some even had bruises on them, my fury raised even higher.

 “Who did this to you?!” my voice roared and the children whimpered in fear. I quickly disguise my anger kneeling down to a girl that looked 8 years old. She had long blonde hair and was petite; I could see bruises on her arm, as if someone squeezed too hard.

“We're sorry we didn’t do anything, really.” She thought I was one of those disgusting creatures.

“Look into my eyes” I speak gently, they were already so scared.

“Get away from her!” before the girl could look in my eyes a dark haired boy, who was probably thirteen, tackled me.

 “What are you-” My voice cut off when I felt a sharp pain in my chest, he punched me.

 “Look into my eyes!” I screamed, refusing to fight back. The boy stopped from hitting me again.

His light brown eyes met my gaze; he stared long and hard and finally got off of me.

 “If you hurt anyone, I’ll kill you.” His fury reminded of me when I was young, and I couldn’t help but, smile.

“I’m not going to harm you like those disgusting monsters.” He stared at me some more.

 “You’re not broke?” he questioned and I flashed him a smile.

 “Never could I be broke.” The boy gave me a small smile.

 “Where’s the creep anyway?” I knew he was talking about Lucas.

“I don’t know he left. What are you all doing here?” I ask still scanning over the children.

 “Some of us are sold and some of us are raised to be submissive slaves.” The boy answers I could tell he was the authority over all of them.

 Fury started to course my body again as my thoughts went to Lucas, “Why do some of you have bruises?” he could hear the rage in my voice, I could see the fear in his eyes, but his posture stayed the same. 

“Big Boss says we're to be beaten for extra measure, to make sure we know whose boss,” he spits out.

“Even five years old?” I ask outraged.

 “Even three year olds” My breathing became labored and I was ready to kill the first monster I laid eyes on.

“Calm down, you can’t help us if you do something stupid.” The boy’s voice snaps me out of my rage.

 “Yes. Oh are you guy’s hungry?”

 Before the boy answer a little girl answer “We're not to eat, until two days.”

 Sucking in a deep breath, I let it out slowly. Smiling “I say you can eat today.” I hear a few gasp but, nobody challenges it.

 “What’s your name?” I turn to the leader.