Lunch and Bruises

Johns POV:

You haven't spoken to the new kid since he brought up the rap battles, and it's been a few days. Sometimes it looks like Dave will start to say something, but doesn't, and you're honestly fine either way. His brother, on the other hand, will occasionally start a conversation with you, whether it's about class, or robotics, the latter he seems to be very fond of. But if Dave doesn't talk to you soon, you will do your best to forget about him as a potential friend and go back to not worrying about that.

The lunch period bell rang and you made your way to your locker to grab your lunch. Closing your door, you turn and cringe when you see one very horrible human being waiting for you. His name is Jack Noir, a simple being who's main thought seems to be torture. And man, does he like to express his thoughts to you.

"Hey, John!" He called, walking closer at an alarming pace. You step back, thinking of running down the hall to another exit to the lunchroom, but you know that you probably won't be able to outrun him. "What's wrong? You're not glad to see me?"

Outrun him or not, it's worth a try. But your feet move a little too late and by all fucks he grabs the handle of your book bag, yanking you back. A shiver runs down your spine. Whatever he wants it can't be good.

"I don't want to be the stereotypical asshole, but I kind of need lunch, so if you don't mind me taking yours, then don't speak." You bite your lip, and you hate how he choses to hold that against you. It's horrible and it just kind of kills you a little bit inside when he does.

"No? Not a word? Alright, thanks, man-" he reaches for your bag, but you yank it just beyond his reach and press it to your chest. Good thing he still had the back of your book bag, otherwise he would have gotten the gushers, that you know are in there, on the first grab.

"What's wrong, can't I have my food?" Jack releases his grip on you and somehow manages to get around you and force you against the lockers without a touch. Maybe you should bang against the them until a teacher comes out? No, that could only end up worse for you later on.

You shake your head to his question. It's not "his food" to begin with, why would you willingly pass it over? You try sliding away from him slowly, then quickly, but neither try prevailed. Both times he just got seemingly angrier.

One more sly get away try, and oops. Jacks hands slammed down on your shoulders in an admittingly painful way, right beside your book bag straps and somewhat on your neck.
"I need to eat, give me some mother fucking food!"

Were the gushers worth it? While you were about to give in, Jack seemed to lose it and punched your jaw, not hard enough that it could loosen anything, but hard enough that you felt something bleed.

"Hey!" A shout came from the direction that you had originally come from, and both you and Jack looked over. A blond in shades had started running at Jack, and instantly Jack backed off. He probably knew, as well, that with too much ruckus there would be teachers flocking about.

Dave ran up and grabbed Jacks shirt, bringing them nose to nose. You could literally feel the anger rushing off of the shaded one as he had approached, and it felt like something that should not be taken lightly. "What the hell are you doing?" He growled.

"Nothing! Just having my fun with him. Why do you care?"

"Cause I have a little something called a conscience." Dave retorted. "Don't touch him again, or next time, I'll kill you."

Your worries about Dave finding out about bullies? Gone. The results? Not exactly there yet.

"You okay?" Dave brushed his hands together as Jack walked off with a sour look on his face, obviously mad that he was forced to stop.