Chapter 4: Living Disaster

"Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too." -Will Smith

Chapter 4:

I could not actually believe whom I was staring at. He was the most popular guy in Clover Green high, the royal prince of this high school - Caleb Tristan Somerset.

I knew that my mouth might had dropped to the ground, not literally though, but it was not because I was astounded by his handsome-ness but rather because I was surprised that he actually came to school, like physically. From what I heard about him, he normally did not go to school on the first day of class. I already seen him before but only rarely. In fact, we were supposed to be classmates during my sophomore year but after that one day he attended the class, he never came back. I thought that he dropped out of high school but I guess not since he was here, already a senior student. Oh, I forgot, he owned the school - I mean his grandfather did but since he was the only family his grandfather had then that made him the heir to the old man's unimaginable riches.

Having thought of how rich he was, I began to clench my jaw in irritation. No wonder he was so confident that he would get away with everything because he owned the school. It was really unfair for all of us who were doing their best to pass the school but just because he was the owner's grandson, he could set his own rules without getting any objections - no wonder our teacher's obvious apathy of his appallingly lack of interest in the lesson.

Oh, the fool actually had the guts to wink at me like I was some easy girl whose knees would water when given the attention of a very handsome guy. Well, I had no interest in guys especially those whose egos were more gigantic than the entire Milky Way universe. I considered myself asexual and immune to all types of charm because boys for me were just nuisance. I had known a lot of girls, mostly from cheer leading team, who cried so hard because boys had trampled and played with their hearts. I absolutely had no plans of meeting the same fate. I was actually tougher than how I look - you would be very surprise. Besides, I had all the right kind of love that I needed - my family and friends' love. Anything not belonging to either of those two categories, I already deemed superfluous.

"Excuse me -- what did you say?" I asked him in shock - not that I did not hear him but I would rather had him confirm what he just said.

He smiled lazily before eying me skeptically as if I had blurted some strange foreign language. "Come on, do not pretend like you don't enjoy the attention that I am giving you right now, babe."

The nerve of this arrogant, conceited, ego master monster! I was actually tempted to slap some sense into that handsome yet despicable face of his. I felt the heat rose to my cheeks not because I was flattered but rather I was extremely irked by the way he address me. If he thought that I was one of those girls that he normally picked up, then he was terribly wrong - very, very wrong. "Babe?"

"I assume that you are not deaf so I do not need to repeat myself." He smirked at me while looking down on me in a condescending manner but I noticed that his gaze seemed occupied with something else as it leveled down on my chest -- oh, crap!

I opened my mouth in irritation while thinking what to say next for a moment. "You are so full of yourself, aren't you?"

"My," he clucked his tongue, feigning hurt before his mischievous smirk tugged his mouth again. "Why, babe? Can't you handle me?"

"Ha!" I scoffed in a low voice while looking at him with disgust. "I'd rather not come across you if given the chance."

He paused, the moment that I said those words, staring at me for such a long time as if he was trying to find out what type of creature I was - the nerve. He smiled, a real one, not those sarcastic smirks and said, "Who are you?"