Epilogue

"They're very upset with you," Elijah begins, lacing his fingers together on the ledge of the balcony as Emberly stood beside him. Her hair in loose waves on her head. From head to tow, she was covered in a beautiful yellow diamond dress that weighed about a hundred tons for her small frame.

"Our district is outraged," Elijah continues when Emberly doesn't respond. "they hated that they had to share the prize with another district. District 12 none the less. So, they've refused to let you back into the District, being that you may cause riots."

Emberly turns her head, dark curls falling in her eyes. "Where will I go?"

"You'll live in the victor court of twelve with Peeta and Katniss. Your father isn't allowed to live with you, so you must live with either Peeta or Katniss for the time you're underage. But judging by Peeta and Katniss's star-crossed lovers ploy, you must stay with Katniss. Build a relationship between the two of you, making people forget you almost kissed her one true love completely." Elijah says, before turning and placing his hands onto Emberly shoulder's.

"I'm proud of you," He smiles softly, blinking his jade eyes. "so is Wilsha, and I know if Marvel was here, he would be to."

Emberly forces a tight smile, just as a Dorta knocks on the door, telling them that it's time. Sucking in a breath and quickly letting it go, Elijah leads Emberly from the balcony and into the huge Capitol building.

The two of them walk in silence, Emberly playing with the golden bangles on her wrists out of a nervous habit. Turning around the corner, Emberly instantly smiles upon seeing Katniss and Peeta standing beside each other.

Katniss is wearing a bright red dress with yellow accents that match Emberly's dress, and Peeta's wearing a black suit with red cuffs and a yellow handkerchief. Somehow the stylists managed to match all three  of them together.

"Smile for the cameras" Effie says, her and Wilsha appearing beside each other in front of the three of them. "you all look absolutely stunning."

Emberly steps into the place on the other side of Peeta, giving the male tribute a tiny, forced smile. Being that they're not allowed to spend any time together outside of the Capitol's eyes. Haymitch, Effie, Wilsha, and Elijah agreed it was for the best if Peeta and Emberly just played off as good friends.

"Everyone, the 74th annual Hunger Games victors!" Caesar's voice rang out. Peeta placed both of his hands on both of Katniss and Emberly backs, leading them out onto the stage.

The crowd roars, bright lights flashing in their faces. Capitol people stood, cheering and praising before Caesar was shaking each of their hands and placing them in the three seats beside him.

As usual, he began asking them about the Games. Showing highlights, and Emberly instantly tensed upon seeing her standing above Clove and snapping her neck with an ease on a large T.V. screen. The Capitol people in the room gasped then clapped, getting joy at watching Emberly kill someone on screen in front of them.

Then, the screen showed Katniss. She was running through a field, following calls from an unknown source. Then she was stopping, scooping down and cutting threw the net that was holding Rue trapped.

Emberly sat up in her seat, watching as Marvel appeared out of no where, throwing a large knife in Rue and Katniss's direction. Then, Katniss was shooting an arrow in Marvel's direction, landing it directly in Marvel's chest.

The air rushed from Emberly's lungs, tears stinging the back of her eyes as she refused to break down crying. Capitol people praised Katniss on her shooting skills, but Katniss remained as still as a stone. Peeta, of course, was praised for killing Foxface with the berries, something the people of the Capitol thought he meant to do on purpose when it was unintentional.

"So, Emberly." Caesar said, making all the eyes and cameras swirl to her. Emberly forced a smile, the yellow gems glued in the corners of her eyes gleaming. "how would you describe you and Peeta's relationship?"

This was it. The big moment where Emberly was supposed to put all the cheating rumors to rest as she gave a tiny laugh, brushing a few loose hairs from her face.

"Well Caesar," She stated, the words 'i love him'  getting stuck on her tongue as she went for the answer all the coaches bred into her. "he's my best friend, almost like a brother to me."

People of the Capitol cheered, happy that Katniss and Peeta were still going strong. Emberly smiled forcibly at Katniss, knowing that the brunette was having trouble keeping a brave face as well.

Being she really didn't love Peeta, she knew all about Emberly and Peeta's growing relationship, but was wanting to keep up the "lovers"  act up as long as it kept her loved ones safe.

"Well, there you have it. The lovers and their best friend! This years 74th Hunger Games winners!" Caesar cheered, making the crowd roar in love and excitement. Then, Peeta's pinky finger linked with Emberly's by their sides, so no one could see.

And Peeta's pinky squeezed hers tightly and Emberly's smile seemed less forced for once.

~~~~~~~~

WELL, THAT'S THE EPILOGUE. I'LL BE POSTING THE PLAYLIST AND THE FIRST CHAPTER TO TE SECOND BOOK TONIGHT.

 CATCHING FIRE IS A BIT DIFFERENT THAT THE HUNGER GAMES, IT HAS A MORE OF A LEAD UP TO THE ACTUALLY ACTION SCENES.

YES, KATNISS AND EMBERLY ARE GOOD FRIENDS, BUT EMBERLY AND PEETA ARE REALLY "GOOD FRIENDS" AND I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE SECOND BOOK.

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND JOIN ME ON THE SECOND BOOK TO THE EMBERLY HAWKE SERIES!