3-Getting together

Niall's POV-

We arrived at the bootcamp location in the early evening of yesterday. I took my time to explore the venue before dinner. I don't think there was any part that I hadn't seen already. The stage was humongous and foolishly enough, I wasn't expecting it, kicking those nerves up a notch.

In the morning of the first day, I was woken up nice and early by my alarm clock buzzing. I groaned and threw out my arm, hitting it off of the table next to my bed.

As it bounced onto the floor I was hit with a wave of silence.

I smiled to myself and began to burrow back under the covers, hiding my face away from the bright sun rays that were beginning to stream though my curtains.

Urgh, wait...

Much to my disappointment I couldn't doze back off, because today was bootcamp. I had to perform a song of my choice in front of the judges again.

The only catch, if the judges didn't think I was good enough I would be sent straight home while the others got to stay on and attend the 'Judges Houses' stage.

I really, really didn't want that to happen.

I unwillingly forced myself up, out of bed and into the bathroom connected to my bedroom.

I glanced at my reflection in the mirror and grinned as I squirted a blob of Colgate toothpaste onto my toothbrush and began to brush my teeth.

I had plenty of time left for a shower, so as the refreshing droplets rained down on my naked body, I belted out the song that I had prepared for later. Probably much to the annoyance of the contestants in the room next door.

Well, that couldn't be helped.

I lathered myself in the body wash the hotel had provided, before cleansing my light blond locks.

I turned off the shower and stepped out, reaching for one of the fluffy towels by the sink.

Once I had dried myself off, I slid on some clean boxers and walked over to my outfit I had planned for the day: some ripped jeans, a brown leather belt and a red chequer jacket slung loosely over a plain black t-shirt.

I sprayed on some deodorant and cologne. Not that the judges could smell me from afar, although it made me feel more confident and confidence was what I needed, so why not?

Once I was suited and booted, my stomach rumbled, reminding me that I was hungry, starving infact.

I thought to myself that most of the other people would be feeling too nervous to attend breakfast this morning and boy was I right. The dining room I ate in the previous night had been completely and utterly transformed into a breakfast bar.

I was unsure if I should eat yet, seeing as not many people were there and I didn't know whether it was all for us not. But as more and more people piled in I rushed up to grab as much as I could before it was all gone.

I only ate a fry up, 3 pieces of toast and jam, a bowl of cereal and milk with a sprinkling of sugar, a few muffins, a chocolate pancake and I shoved a few biscuits into my pockets for later. Just in case I got hungry, which was more than likely. I also filled up my water bottle to prevent my throat from getting dry before I performed.

I wanted to be early into the arena as the performances were held on a first come first serve basis.

I wanted to get it over and done with.

When I arrived outside the double doors, it appeared that along with me, a few others had had the same idea, so when I registered at the entrance, I was number 16- my age.