Chapter One

Chapter One

All Rights Reserved

*Savannah's POV*

Everyone has a best friend. Mine happens to be my younger cousin, Nicholle Williams. One thing about Nicholle, or Nikki, is that she is a famous actress. She landed a role in One Direction's up coming movie. I usually spend time with her before she goes on a set, but I'm usually never allowed to go on the set. 

At school, I don't really have any friends. I usually keep to myself because I came to a new school after my family moved halfway across the country. I have only lived in Dawson, Nebraska all my life. Then, the summer before my junior year in high school, my mom decided to move to San Diego, California. 

We moved here because this is where my cousins, Natasha and Nikki, live. Natasha is a freshman at University of California and she majors in dance. She is one of the best dancers I have ever seen. Nikki is sometimes away acting in different movies, so the house is mostly occupied by only their mom. We bought the empty house next to them. 

The summer we moved here was exactly a year from when Larissa, my older sister, went to Arizona State to major in Literature and become a best selling author. She's a great writer anyway so learning more about it would make her just plain outstanding. 

Now, I bet you're wondering what is so great about me since everyone else has something special. Well, I want to be a photographer. That's right, taking pictures is my specialty. Now I think you would know why I don't get as much attention as the other three. 

The summer we moved was also two years without my dad. He died in a tornado when my sister was a senior and I was a freshman at Dawson High. He was at work when the twister hit and my mom, sister, and I were home. We went to the cellar whereas we found out days later that my dad didn't make it. 

Well, now I am here. My mom and her sister are in the kitchen of my house discussing the role Nikki got with her and how Los Angeles isn't that far away. If Nikki went to a regular high school, she would be a sophomore, but she's home schooled since she is famous. 

Most people don't know that my cousin is Nicholle Williams, a famous movie actress. I decide to only tell people who are close to me since I can trust them. I definitely don't want people using me to get to her. 

Since you know that my family doesn't take pride in my goals, I have some serious problems. I was said to be depressed by my former school counselor at Dawson High. I continue to see a school counselor at San Diego High. They suggest therapy, but my mom and aunt are too involved with Nikki, Natasha, and Larissa. Mostly Nikki, though since the other two are at college. 

"Savannah!" I hear my name being called by my mom. 

"Yes?" I reply straightening my back against the blue sofa in the living room. 

"Come here, please," my mom states and I stand up reluctantly. They usually do this when they want me to agree with something they said to prove a point. They honestly couldn't care less about me. 

I walk into the kitchen and all three pairs of eyes are on me. 

"Yes?" I ask again. 

"We want you to go to Los Angeles with Nikki. She wants you to go with her because you guys are best friends," my aunt explains and I nod. 

It was true. Growing up, Nikki and I were the best of friends, but her acting career has gotten in the way lately. We can't go anywhere without her signing autographs or putting on a disguise. 

"Come on, Van, it could be like old times," Nikki explains. I doubt that very much, but hey, anything to get out of this house. 

"Yeah, sure. When do I pack?" I ask.