Maya

"Maya please." Says Lucas. "No. I am not going to see your father again. That's suicide!" I say. It's been almost a week since the park, and every day since then, Lucas has been begging me to see his dad. "Look, just talk to him. Don't take the blow, fight back!" "Lucas, why? He doesn't like me. And you wouldn't help defend me." "Because I know how strong you are. Now please? His flight leaves in six hours." "What will happen if I do?" "My dad...He might actually surprise you." Okay. But if he still hates me, I'm not going anywhere near him ever again." I say. Lucas nods. "Deal. Let's go." 

When we get to Lucas's house, his father answers the door. "You! I thought I told you to stay away!" He starts closing the door, but I stop him and march straight into the house. "You listen to me Mr. Friar. I'm back because I love your son. And there is nothing you could ever do or say that could change my mind because I love him, and he loves me, and I'd fate shoud step in, you could be looking at your future daughter in law, so you will be nice to me, and accepting of Lucas and I or you will be sorry!" 

What happens next surprises me. He wraps me in the biggest hug I have ever received, and kisses me on the cheek. "See Lucas! I told you she would come through!" He exclaims. "What?" I ask as he sets me down from the hug. "Oh don't worry! This is what I do with all of his girlfriends. He needed to find one that loved him no matter what anyone said. And I could tell from the moment you walked in that you were the one." I smile, and kiss Lucas on the lips. While all of our kisses were magical, this one felt different. Like I knew I loved him.

When I get home after Lucas's, I notice a note on my pillow. "Maya, meet me at the record studio at midnight. Love you always. ~Hsoj" Hsoj? I don't know anyone named that. But I am curious to see who it is. It's eleven forty five. Grabbing my jacket, I run out the door and head to the recording studio. 

As I walk into the studio, I hear music. I follow the melody and find a room. Opening the door, I can hear the notes clearly. It's rock. Nothing like what Lucas would do. I open the door, and see Josh standing there with a red electric guitar and he's playing a song. He starts singing, and his voice is hard yet soft, rough and edgy, yet smooth and calm. When he finishes, I walk over to him. "That was beautiful." I say. He strokes my cheek with his thumb. "Not as beautiful as you. Maya, I love you." Then he leans in. Somehow, I find my self leaning in and before I know it we kiss. His lips are so soft, and I can taste his minty breath. But the kiss. It's like fireworks. Even though I never kissed him before, I knew I loved him.