Lucas

I see Maya running out of the place with Josh, tears streaming down her face. She trips over a tree root and just stays there, sobbing. Running over to her, I help her up. She hugs me, her face hurried in my shirt. "Maya! What's wrong?" She just shakes her head, bawling. "Was it Josh?" She nods. I stroke her hair. "Don't worry. It's okay. I'm here. I always will be." I say, soothing her. 

When her sobs die down, I gently ask her, "Can you tell me what happened?"

 "We were talking, and I asked him what the future might have for us. He said he didn't know, and if I chose you that he wouldn't even be my friend. Then we got into an argument and he said that being with me was like having a full-time babysitting job."

 I hate him! "What! How could he ever say that to you! You are so amazing and sweet. You deserve so much better than him." She nods.

 "I know. I'm just going to go home now. This makes for the worst birthday in history!" She runs off. 

While I would follow her, I decide to go after Josh. That low down, good for nothing, heartbreaking jerk! I find him outside of a club not far from the park. He's got some girl, and she's pushed up against the wall. They're making out big-time.

 "Hey why don't you two get a room!" I say, pushing Josh off the girl. 

"Hey pal, look I'm just trying to have some fun." 

"No you're not. You just barely broke up with Maya and ten minutes later you're kissing this other girl!"

 "So? I was too old for Maya. It's a whole three years. Maya was just a toy."

 I push him against the wall. "Don't you ever call her that ever again!"

 "Why not? She's nothing Lucas. She doesn't even deserve the right to live. No one loves her." I punch him in the face, hearing the sound of his nose breaking.