Maya

"Can you forgive me?" Lucas asks me. Can I forgive him? After all he's done? Can a broken heart love again? When we've broken up, Josh was there. He's comforting, sweet, understanding, and I might be in love with him. But Lucas. He's funny, protective, charming, and I might still love him. "I don't know." I say. 

I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Can I talk to you?" Asks Josh. I nod. "Maya, I love you. I know what you've been through. We connected that night, and I was there for you. I love you, and I will never hurt you." He says. "Will you love me?" "I don't know." I say.

 Lucas looks at me. I can see the honesty in his eyes when he says, "Maya. I love you more than my own life. When we were apart, I was nothing. I need you. I love you. Who will you love? Who owns your heart?" Both of them are looking at me waiting for an answer. "I...I don't know. I need to think." I say as I run towards the playground, leaving them there. I sit on the swings trying to think.

When I'm with Lucas, life is as beautiful as a sunset. He protected me when I got beat up. He took care of me when I was weak. He took me to do things I loved. We recorded a song. One that will always be ours. He's one of the most amazing guys I know. I love him.

When I'm with Josh, life is as beautiful as the skies after rain. He took me under his wing when I was broken. He fixed me up when I thought I couldn't be fixed. He showed me life still goes on after the hurricane of love. We connected in a way I only felt when I was with Lucas. I love him.

It's a matter of who owns my heart. Who I truly love. But how can one ever compare a rainbow to a sunset? How could my life be so confusing. For once in my life, I don't know who to choose. Is it Lucas, or is it Josh?