Nine

Chapter Nine (Elizabeth's)

Here they come again.

Shut it off.

Damn these screams.

Surely, my room's a mess right now. I heard a glass breaking, which is in fact, the light bulb. It happens every single time I lose all my control, the screams maximizing their volume. Booming in my ears.

I'm in the dark corner of my room. Contemplating, almost going crazy. The screams are still banging inside my head.

I watched as my 278th tattoo fades. Just like that, all the terrible screams disappeared too.

Okay, day 87 is today.

I stood up, almost falling again, and quietly stared at my room. It doesn't look like a room anymore, it can perfectly fit the word, "dumpsite". My clothes, lying everywhere, as if a hurricane came inside and left an evidence of destruction.

I faintly walked towards my bed, which I mentally flipped upside down to get rid of the light bulb's shards. I sat in silence, the only sound that you can hear is my harsh breathing.

As every day unfolds, I grow stronger. I cannot control what I can do. I can feel it in my very veins. The day I almost took down the bus I knew. I wasn't what I thought I am. I can hurt, and kill. No doubt I can, with a single mistake I can unintentionally find a knife and bury that on someone's throat. Or push a person off a cliff.

I've never been so scared my entire life with my ability, I gladly accepted it. But right now, I don't think I can easily jungle it in my hands. It's the one who jungles me.

How can I control myself.

***

"Tough night Liz?" asked Aunt Renee as we both peeked down at the mess I did.

"Obviously, yes," I said while levitating every shards from broken plates, teacups and from our glasses, and placed them near the door.

"Sorry," I whispered as we both started to clean everything up, she picks them actually, I toss them in the air.

"It's okay honey, I know that this is hard for you," and gave me a warm smile.

"Off you go now, just promise to help me after school," she said as I walked towards the door. I turn around smiled at her then, walked outside.

The moment when I step my feet outside, I know, I have to control it.

***

"Here they are," said Millie as she hand over a tiny round thing which is a disc and a book which I suppose, the things that I'll borrow.

"Thank you," I said and reach out to get them, but they came to me, like they're magnetized. I'm trying to control.

"Sorry, I... I can't control it," and Millie just gave me an understanding look.

"We are lucky that Caesar really cover for our little magic," she laughed a little on her statement, I scoffed at her word, "magic".

"He wants us to be invisible," I said.

"And be protected and well-hidden," she stated.

I would hide, forever. "Right," I said.

"Well, I really wanted to ask you something today," there is a hint of uncertainty in her voice.

"Go on," I said and my hands urging her to talk.

"Can you eat with me today? Because Lilly has her band practice right now, Cindy has to do her art project and Valerie has to go home because her mom would visit her. So basically, I'm alone and I'm not used to eating lunch with no one," I expected a very detailed reason from her so I'm not surprised.

I looked at her and she gave me a very devastated look to make me feel responsible enough to go eat with her.

I massaged my left temple and sighed heavily. I think it wouldn't harm her by just sharing a tiny amount of time.

"Just this one, okay?" as soon as she heard it, she excitedly clapped and giggled.

"Great, then! Let's go!" I didn't have the chance to protest when she immediately grabbed my hand and tugged me away.

---