Chapter 4

At the hospital, they ran a few tests to make sure I was absolutely fine, which I was, and made sure to calm Iruka down with a nice sedative. I had to drive home because Iruka was a little... No, really loopy.

"Kakashi!" I called from outside the house, "I need help with getting Iruka in the house!" No answer.

I sighed and basically dragged Iruka to the door, plopped him down on the porch, opened the door, and dragged him in.

"I love you so much, Naruto! You don't know how much you mean to me!" Iruka sobbed, hugging my legs and making me fall over.

"Iruka! You've been telling me this the whole car ride here! You wouldn't even let go of me until I threatened you!" I growled, trying to get out of his grasp.

"But Naruto!" He sobbed, "Don't you love me too?"

"I love you, Iruka, but please, please stop clinging to me. I won't be able to make supper if you continue to hold onto me."

After what seemed like an hour, I pried Iruka off of me and started to make supper.

"Honey, I'm home!" A voice called from the doorway.

"Kakashi! Get your ass in here right now and comfort Iruka!" I shouted.

"But Naruto! I thought you loved me!" Sobbed Iruka once more. Before Iruka could lunge at me and cling like a child, Kakashi grabbed him and dragged him upstairs.

"Wait! That's not what I... Meant," I sigh when I heard the door shut.

I ate by myself and out the leftovers in the fridge. I quickly took a shower and got ready for bed.

"Night Iruka! Night Kakashi!" I yelled and jumped into bed, getting under my covers and falling asleep easily.
___________________________
I dragged myself through the school doors, tired from a fitful night of sleep. I grabbed my stuff from my locker, and the second my locker closed, I was pushed to the ground.

"What the hell?" I shouted, looking up to see Sakura and Ino leaning over me with sneers.

"You can't be Sasuke-kun's soul mate! I'm supposed to be! And once I show him my tattoo, he'll know for sure!" Sakura said in a huff, then kicked my stomach.

"What? No he's supposed to be mine!" Ino snarled and shoved Sakura.

I slowly crawled away, trying not to gain the attention of the two cats fighting. It worked and I quickly got up and ran to my first class.

"Naruto! Wait up, dude!" Kiba's voice called from behind me.

"Yo, what up, Kiba?" I asked, slowing down to a walk.

"Nothing. It's just that you were running like the hounds of hell were on your ass."

"I think that would be better than those two on me."

"Sakura and Ino?"

"Who else? Anyway, all last night, I kept thinking about Sasuke."

"Let me cut you off right there. Talk to a girl about girl stuff. Hey, talk to Hinata about it!"

"Hm. Good idea. I'll find her after school."
___________________________
"Hinata!" I yelled after the long haired brunette.

"Naruto-kun?" She stuttered out.

"Hey, I need to talk to someone about something, and I can't talk to the guys about it, so I was wondering if we could hang out and discuss it?"

"Sure. Right now, though? Don't you have swim practice?"

"Well, after an accident yesterday, I have to wait three days until I can swim again," I frowned. I quickly explained what happened and we went on our way.

"So tell me what's wrong," Hinata said as we sat down at the mall with some pretzels.

"Well, you know that Sasuke's my soul mate, but he's been mean to me ever since I moved here. He doesn't want to be with me, but I would at least like to try. Knowing Sasuke, though, I won't get his attention unless I did something dumb."

"So, what your saying is, is that you want to grab his attention so he'll want to date you at least?" She dipped a pretzel bite in cheese and ate it.

"Yes. Maybe I should change some stuff about my personality? Be more serious like I am now? Maybe it's the way I look. Should I look more feminine?"

"No! You look feminine enough."

"Thanks," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"You know what I mean. Anyway, I think you should show off what you have when Sasuke is around. Maybe show off your butt more, wear something like skinny jeans. Wear tight shirts, or shirts that show off your shoulders. Hm. Give me your size and some money and I'll buy some new clothes for you."

"You'll get orange, right?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just give me your size."

I gave her my size and money and she told me to go home.

"Wait, don't you want me to try the clothes on?" I quickly asked.

"No, it's ok! Just meet me at the park on Saturday at noon and I'll give you the clothes," she assured.

I nodded and headed home.