Chapter 11

Naruto's Point of View

"Why?" I whisper to myself. Why did they hate me?

"Monster!"

"Freak of nature!"

"You killed your parents!"

I didn't kill them. Mom died giving birth to me and my dad died of a broken heart six months later.

"You're not welcome here."

"You're not welcome anywhere in this vicinity!"

I can't get clothes, let alone food. All the food that I have is from what the shop people throw at me.

"Stay away!"

"Hn. Loser."

"You don't belong here."

School sucks. The kids bully me, the teachers don't help me when I don't understand. The principal is the only one who cares.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Don't listen to them! You're cool."

"Here, let me help you, Naruto."

Then people started to become my friends.
Shikamaru. Choji. Kiba. They helped me up when I was pushed down. They stood up for me, became my friends.

Then Iruka became my teacher. He helped me with my homework and soon became a brother figure to me. He learned I lived alone in sixth grade, a year after he was my teacher, and made me move in with him. I met Kakashi a week after the move.

The insults slowed down in middle school to a minimum. I actually thought kids started to warm up to me. Then high school hit and I was once again at the bottom of the food chain.

That didn't matter, though. I had friends and family now. That's all that mattered.
___________________________
Once the applause died down, I spoke into the mike.

"Thank you. This last song is called 'Whispers in the Dark' by Skillet. I hope you like it."

Despite the lies that you're making
Your love is mine for the taking
My love is
Just waiting
To turn your tears to roses

I sought out Sasuke in the crowd with my eyes and found him in the very back, looking at me intensely. Our gazes connected and I tried to show him how much I wanted him. Needed him.

Despite the lies that you're making
Your love is mine for the taking
My love is
Just waiting
To turn your tears to roses

I will be the one that's gonna hold you
I will be the one that you run to
My love is
A burning
Consuming fire

No!
You'll never be alone
When darkness comes
I'll light the night with stars

Hear my whispers in the dark

No!
You'll never be alone
When darkness comes
You know I'm never far

Hear my whispers in the dark

Whispers in the dark

Sasuke looked away a few times but always dragged his eyes back.

You feel so lonely and ragged
You lay here broken and naked

My love is
Just waiting
To clothe you in crimson roses

I will be the one that's gonna find you
I will be the one that's gonna guide you
My love is
A burning
Consuming fire

No!
You'll never be alone
When darkness comes
I'll light the night with stars

Hear my whispers in the dark

No!
You'll never be alone
When darkness comes
You know I'm never far

Hear my whispers in the dark

I hoped this worked. I was so scared of what Sasuke would do, but I pushed through to the end of the song.

No!
You'll never be alone
When darkness comes
I'll light the night with stars

Hear my whispers in the dark

No!
You'll never be alone
When darkness comes
You know I'm never far

Hear my whispers in the dark
Whispers in the dark

The music soon came to an end, and applause erupted from the crowd. Cheers sounded as I thanked everyone and bowed.

I walked off the stage for the next person and sat down in the middle row by my friends.

"Next up is Sakura Haruno!"

Sakura did... Something. I couldn't really tell what she was doing. Was that... Dancing? It looked like she was falling on her butt and getting back up with a mix of what looked like humping.

"What was she doing?" I asked Shikamaru once she was done. No one really applauded her, and I think I heard her mom cry.

"She said she was dancing," Shika replied.

"Oh..."

"Here is the last person of the night. Everyone give a warm welcome to... Sasuke Uchiha!" The announcer shouted, dragging Sasuke's name out.

Sasuke walked out onto the stage in black skinny jeans, converse, and a leather jacket with a black shirt underneath.

"Hello. I will be singing for you this evening. Naruto, this song is my answer, and if you can't figure it out, well then you're a bigger idiot than I thought," Sasuke smirked.