Chapter 6 (Michael)

Lets just say the car ride wasn't the best. As soon as Chrysie walks in holding a black wig with her beautiful blonde locks out in the open. Wow, she is perfect.

"Don't ask." She snaps at me. I just hold up my hands in surrender as she walks past me. She puts the wig away and ties back her hair. "You ready?" She asks.

"For?" I ask confused. What is she getting at.

"We have to carry Joe to the car." She says calmly.

"Oh, alright. I'm ready." I say calmly before we both lift up Joe for me it was easy and I could tell she was struggling, but she did it. She is a very determined veterinarian. We carry Joe to the back of the van which has a metal cage separating the driver from the back. "What is that for?" I ask.

"For patients who have rabies or wild animals." She says keeping her eyes on Joe.

Gale jumps in the driver seat. "Are you guys all ready?"

"Yes, Joe is nice and good." She says with a bright smile.

"Your hair looks good." Gale actually smiles as he starts the car.

"Thank you." She smiles shyly, but I can tell she is fighting an internal war with herself. Why was she wearing the wig in the first place?

Gale starts to drive and we all stay silent for a while as we head to our pack. "So your hair is blonde?" I ask. God damn it.

"Yes, thank you captain obvious. Your hair is blonde too." She rolls her eyes at me.

"Sorry, I was just trying to start a conversation." I blush bright red. I'm not really good with women anymore. I guess being a beta has changed my player ways.

"Well you start with hi or hello first." She laughs softly.

"Hello." I smirk at her.

"Hi." She smiles back. Well this is going better than expected.

"How long have you been a vet?" I ask.

"A few years now, I'm still pretty young for a vet, but that is what I am." She smiles proudly.

"How young are you?" I ask. You never say old to a woman, that is just rude.

"27, you?" She asks.

"28." I smile at her. Great she's a year younger than me.

"We are here, so you guys can stop flirting now." Gale says as he parks the car in front of the big house.

"Alright, lets get him inside." She smiles at me.

"Yeah." I agree with her. She's perfect, maybe just maybe she can be my mate some day.