Determination

Kissing Freya will never be enough. As much as Apollo wanted to do more, he restrained himself. He doesn't want to scare her because of his overflowing desire for her.

He is going to patiently wait until she becomes ready. He knew that it is going to be worth it because Freya was the woman who deserved to be worshipped.

Hell, that's how crazy he is about her. He realized it after seeing Eros waiting for her outside. He hated the fact that Eros was her first love so he is determined to make Freya go crazy about him too.

"Lying is bad, right?" He said after releasing Freya's lips.

Her face was bright red. "Jerk."

He only grinned. He feels that she likes him too but he couldn't blame her if she feels apprehensive between them. Well, he was moving too fast and it somehow scaring her. Damn. He should have taken it slow. But if he didn't act fast, she might withdraw herself from him. And that's the last thing he wanted to happen.

After they eat, he went back to his apartment even he didn't want to. He took a quick bath and get dressed immediately as he wanted to spend more time with Freya. He was about to reach the door when he received a message from her.

I went out with Eros. He'll drive me to work later.

That drove him into frustration. She maybe over Eros but their friendship still there. Don't get too close with him. Cheating is not allowed.

Getting bitchy again?

He smirked. Freya, you are mine already. Always remember that.

But she just replied an emoticon with a tongue out.

Cute. I'll see you after your work, babe.

Then his door bell rings and saw the three punks outside. "What?"

They grinned. "Not happy to see us?" Lordros said. He only groan.

"What's keeping you these past days?" Altos tapped his shoulder.

"Just some office stuff." Then they decided to have an early drinking session at their favourite restaurant.

"Eros went out on a date with Freya." Dareus said.

Apollo groans inwardly. It is not a fucking date. He is on the verge of shouting those words but he forced himself to shut his mouth and just drink his beer.

"It's just a friendly date." Lordros said.

"In my dictionary, date between friends didn't exist." Altos said.

Lordros rolled his eyes. "But you agreed with her to go out as friends only."

Altos laugh. "Oh did I? Why I forgot something valuable information like that."

"We are going to lose on our bet." Dareus said to Altos.

Altos smirked. "Why? It is not over yet. Let's wait for more days."

"I am dropping myself out from the bet." Apollo said to them then he chuckled as they frowned at him. "It's so lame."

Altos eyed him suspiciously. "By any chance, do you have a thing with Freya?"

That caught him off-guard but he immediately composed himself. "So what if I have?"

Lordros only chuckled like he expected this already while it was the other way around for Dareus, he seems surprised. 

Altos grinned. "Oh man, you are screwing her."

Apollo glared at Altos. "I am not."

Altos chuckled. "So it something serious."

"Of course. Freya is not like other women we used to hang out with."

"What happens now on your rule?" Lordros asked him.

"To hell with it." Then he drinks his beer.

Altos and Lordros laugh while Dareus seems serious. "What exact feeling do you have for her?"

"I like her."

Dareus frowned. "Like only?"

He frowned as well. "Is there something wrong?"

"There is." Dareus now have their attention. "With women, there are different kinds of affection."

"Wow. I never thought that you are part of a feminist community." Altos teased Dareus.

"Shut up."

Altos just laugh then Dareus looked back at Apollo.

"You said you are serious with her but you only like her."

He frowned again. "Don't underestimate what I feel towards her."

"Then you must know that like is very different from love because women's perspective is totally different from men."

After hearing it, his chest pound hard. Love? He honestly doesn't think about it. He just really like Freya. Heck, he doesn't even know what that alien word supposed to mean.

Lordros nodded like he agreed with what Dareus just said while Altos whistle, he looked amused. "Those words you said came from a man's perspective?"

Dareus groan. "DJ Goddess once said that. Even Mom and my sister supported that theory."

Apollo's chest pound harder. Is he missing something about what he really feels for Freya?

"Judging your reaction, I bet you are confused as hell." Altos said.

"Well, I couldn't blame him. For a man who played a lot with women, love is something that never existed." Lordros commented.

"Ouch." Altos said jokingly. Lordros just punched his arm.

"It was before." They frowned at him. "You know that I stopped being a man-whore after that scandal."

"But you still had casual relationship with few women." Dareus said then sigh. "If you are not really sure about your feelings for Freya, you better stop now. Remember that she is precious to Eros and you already said that she is not the usual woman we normally hang out with, she cannot play this kind of game."

He gritted his teeth. "I am not playing with her."

"Then you should evaluate yourself more." Lordros said. "I agree with Dareus. I like her as well but I chose not to pursue her because I preferred to preserve the blossoming friendship between us."

"Oh shit." Altos drink his beer. "That sweet Freya does not deserve any of us."

Dareus drink his beer as well. "Nah, Eros deserved someone like her."

Apollo's stomach clenched. He wanted to tell them that he deserves Freya as well but how could he defend himself if he seems lost now?

Lordros tapped his shoulder. "Think about this carefully, I don't want you and Eros to fight because of her. She definitely didn't want it either."

"Why don't we hang out tonight?" They looked at Altos. "You know, just like before."

"That's a great idea! It's been a while since we had fun until dawn. I'll send Eros a message." Dareus said.

Though Apollo wanted to decline because he promised to Freya that he'll see her after work, he found himself nodding. Later that night, Apollo together with his friends went to a bar.

"What's the occasion?" Eros asked them while they were drinking.

"I can't remember when was the last time we hang out like this." Dareus answered him.

He chuckled. "Well, I still remember. It was the night before of that scandal."

Apollo groan as they laugh. It was obviously his scandal with one of his company's ex-trainee. "Can we move on, please?"

They laugh again. "Let's dance!" Altos didn't wait for their answers as he stand up already then went to the dancing area and joined women to groove. Lordros and Dareus eventually followed him.

"You won't dance?" Eros asked Apollo.

He shakes his head. "I am cool here." Then he bobbed his head along with the music. On the past days he had been busy, this kind of relaxation is already heaven for him.

Then Eros stands up. "Bathroom."

He only nodded then continue to drink while still bobbing his head as the music was really nice. As he looked at the dancing area, he chuckled as he saw a very sexy woman smiling flirtatious to him. Even dancing seductively.

But suddenly, Freya's face popped up in his mind. For some reason, guilt took over him. Darn. He quickly diverted his gaze to his drink and just enjoy the music.

Eros went back and sit near him. "What a long queue."

He chuckled. "It's weekend."

Then they talk some business things until the three went back. "Both of you are no fun." Altos said. "There are lots of fish in the ocean, waiting for you."

"I am not into fishing. Furniture turned me on more." Eros said that made them laugh.

Altos turned to him. "What about you? You used to like fishing."

"That was before and you very much aware that after that incident, I am avoiding to be photographed with some random fish again."

They laugh again. "You should tell her beforehand that it is more believable if she is not looking at the camera." Lordros teased him.

"Mom and my sister definitely grilled me if that happened to me." Dareus said.

They laugh once more. Thankfully his parents didn't. In fact, they gave him a chance to explain himself and he was grateful to have a very understanding parents like them.

The drinking continues until neither of them was sober enough. "I'll just go to the bathroom." He forced himself to walk straight and felt a little relief after doing his thing. As he walked out, he saw a woman silhouette and before he knew it, he was pushed into the wall.

"Hey, handsome." It's the sexy woman from the dance floor earlier.

He smiled politely then grasped her shoulders to avoid her in pressing herself more against him. "Sorry. My friends and I are leaving in a while."

She pout. "Too bad but I wanted to know you more." Since he feels dizzy, he cannot totally stop her for pressing herself against him.

If this happened before, he will definitely not miss the chance in taking this woman to bed but he already learned his lesson and he doesn't want any more complication. Besides, he wanted to be the man that deserves Freya. With that thought, he put all his willpower to push the woman. "I don't want to be rude but I am pretty sure that there are others out there who wanted to know you." Then he stride out of the hall and went back to their area.

"Got trapped with some random fish?" Altos said, smirking.

He chuckled. "Do I look like a bait?"

"No." Dareus playfully cling into his arm. "You're too handsome to fall for a fish."

They just laugh. Later on, they went back to their apartment and Apollo wondered if Freya is already inside her apartment. He was itching to send her a message but as he remembered what he and his friends talk about, he chose not to. He really maybe needed to think things over and he already hated that he is not going to see her so he just hope that he is doing the right thing.

On the next three days that Apollo did not see Freya was hell and he only received two messages from her after he went out with his friends and after that, he never heard anything from her. Fuck. She probably hates him now. But he only wanted to make sure that this kind of feeling for her won't hurt her afterwards. He cannot afford it as he doesn't want to be the man that doesn't deserve her.

Then he inhale deeply and focused himself in working. Minutes passed when he heard a knock from his office door then Chaigne entered. "Boss, a representative from MBS sent me an email regarding their offer for DJ Goddess." She handed him a folder. "It was a cameo role only for the final episode of their current drama."

After telling BBS that Freya already confirmed her participation, they announced it yesterday on their press conference for their upcoming drama and as expected, it became part of top headlines. Since then, other networks were bugging them to have her on their upcoming movies and dramas as well. Even some big companies gave an interest about getting her as their endorser. DJ Goddess was really such a hit. Indeed a phenomenon. After reading the email, he let out a heavy sigh. "Their offer is very tempting but the final episode is next week already." The profit that KEA could get in this offer is higher than BBS. To think that it's only a cameo role. It seems MBS desperately needed DJ Goddess. He doesn't have any idea how the drama is doing because no artist from KEA is included. KEA's artists normally participating in BBS programs.

Chaigne chuckled. "Right and they need our response ASAP."

"Are they insane? It's evening already and I need to talk with Freya about this first because this was not mapped on her schedule so tell MBS that we will give our answer tomorrow morning." She nodded. "But still, prepare the contract of confidentiality." It is the contract that will protect Freya's identity.

She grinned. "Are you confident enough that Freya will say yes?"

"Hell no but I would like to give it a try."

She giggled. "Well then, I wish you luck." After she exited from his room, he played his phone as he is contemplating what to say at Freya. He is not even sure yet if she was going to answer his call.

He battled with himself for more minutes until he stand up then get his things and the MBS offer. Damn it. He is going to see Freya. Not only because of the sudden offer but because he wanted to see her. It's time to prove that he deserves her as well.