[6] Very Important Person

Alexandra

I opened my eyes and was confused for a second, then I remembered where I was. Nathan's house. I turned and saw no one beside me.

I found my phone in my purse that was on the floor and saw that it was 7 in the morning. I slowly opened the door and tiptoed downstairs.

Words couldn't even describe how huge and fancy his house was. I never got to see outside of the room, but even his bedroom was bigger than my living room. There was a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. I could see lights coming from outside. A swimming pool?

I saw Nathan sitting by the pool with his hands in his hair. I opened the sliding door as quietly as possible and stepped out.

I regretted not paying attention before I tripped on the pavement. I looked up as his head whipped around to look at me. I stopped moving, looking a wild animal that got caught stealing food.

When he saw me on the ground he quickly rushed over to check if I injured myself.

As we made eye contact, I saw that his eyes were red and puffy. Has he been crying?

"Um, h-hey," I said. He quickly looked away and cleared his throat.

"How are you?" he asked, helping me up, but avoiding eye contact.

"I'm fine," I replied.

No words were exchanged, but obvious tension was in the air.

"Are you okay?" I decided to take the risk and ask.

"Yeah. Fine."

His smile came back. I tilted my head, curious.

"I left an Advil and a glass of water on the table for you."

"Thanks." I smiled and turned to go back into the house with him following behind.

"No problem."

I took the Advil and took another look around the house.

"You're place is beautiful. Do you live here alone?" I turned to face him.

"Yeah," I was shocked. A rich and handsome guy, yet no significant other?

"Doesn't it get lonely around here?" he hesitated, but shook his head. Why was he acting so weird?

"You should go back to sleep. It's still early."

"I'll sleep on the couch." I smiled and made my way towards the couch that sat in front of the television. It actually looked really comfy. The headache I had slowly died off as I got comfortable in the couch.

When I was settled in, I realized that Nathan was gone. I really appreciated everything he has done for me. If he didn't show up, I might not even be alive right now. The thought of it sent chills down my spine. I smiled and knew that I could trust Nathan. He was genuinely nice to me, unlike many others.

I closed my eyes and tried to relax. I heard a noise coming from next to me and a second later I felt a blanket over me. I didn't open my eyes, but I felt Nathan lean down and kiss my forehead soothingly. A small sniffle that sounded before I heard him walk away.