[10] CPR

Alexandra

I wasn't jealous. Well, that's what I kept telling myself. I didn't have the right to be. Through Niall's perspective, I wasn't even anyone he really knew well.  But I knew him.

"We do know each other," my eyes widened.

He ran his hands through his hair. "At least I think so. You're Alex, aren't you? You were my best friend before I left Ireland." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "It has to be you. You've changed a lot, yet you're still the same," his hopeful eyes looked deep into mine.

I chuckled nervously. "No, you've mistaken me for someone else. I should probably go-"

Just as I turned to leave, he reached out and grabbed my arm. Not forcefully, but I felt the desperation in his actions.

"Look at me and tell me you're not the Alexandra Rose I've been missing ever since I stepped foot out of this country at the age of 16," his gentle yet clear voice intimidated me. His face gradually got closer to mine, his grip on my arm still tight.

"I-I'm not her," his eyes lowered to my lips and he slowly let go and moved a few steps back.

"I've got my answer then."

He had an unreadable expression on before putting his hands in his pockets and striding away casually.

What just happened?

He left me standing there with my lips slightly ajar, still trying to figure out what was going on.

I eventually gave up and found myself wandering around the hallways with my head down. Okay, I was lost. I just didn't want to admit it.

"Hey, you look lost."

I looked up to see a very good looking boy with messy brown hair. Mesmerized by his amazing features, I kept my mouth shut.

He shifted a little and leaned against the wall, still looking straight at me.

"Wanna spend the night with me? I promise you won't regret it." Wow. "Like what you see, babe? "

A smirk appeared on his face and I knew the exact type of guy he was.

"I liked it better," he raised his eyebrows. "When your mouth was closed."

I smiled sweetly at him.

"Woo, I caught myself a feisty one," he said coming closer.

"Wait 'till you catch STD from all the girls you've been hooking up with."

His laughter boomed through the empty hallway.

"I'm Brandon, and you are?" he asked, still smirking.

"Leaving."

Without another word, I spun on my heel and started walking in the opposite direction.

.

Eventually, I found my way out, by that time I realized there were more people than before. I stood outside by the pool and without any kind of warning, I felt someone shove me and soon after, I was in the pool.

Laughter came from everywhere. I was the only one drenched in water, despite the season being summer it was unusually cold tonight. The water was freezing. I sucked in a deep breath and sank all the way to the bottom, literally drowning out everyone else. I knew I shouldn't have came tonight. What was I thinking?

A large eruption of bubbles shot right above me. Someone had jumped into the water. I was still in shock when I felt myself being pulled up to the surface. I was carefully laid on the ground. Once I felt the breeze, I was so cold I couldn't move.