[1] What The Heck?

Alexandra

The heat started building up as summer rolled around. It was a pretty cloudy day, most of the sunlight didn't really get through, but when some did, there was a massive change in lighting. Most people were probably taking selfies at the beach with their hashtags, but I suppose I am a little bit different from the others.

Thinking about hashtags makes me want to eat hash browns.

It was 8:05 a.m. when I woke up on the first day of summer break. I yawned as I looked around my room and realized that it was a total mess, as usual. What's the surprise? Deciding that I really had to tidy up my room, I went to freshen up.

When I was done, I threw on a plain black t-shirt and an old pair of shorts, making sure they weren't anything special in case they got dirty. I put my hair up in a bun, and I was ready! Or not.

Just as I took my first step, I slipped on a piece of paper and landed on my ass . Maybe it was my room's way of telling me not to clean up.

I sighed and pushed that pathetic thought away.

I dusted the book shelves, swept and mopped the floor, tidied up the things on my table and made my bed. While I dusted the shelves for the second time, a small book fell out. There was a tiny '1999' scribbled on the upper right hand corner and on the back was another similar sized book poorly attached to it. The second book was titled '2010'.

I took a while to question the large year gap between the two books, but shrugged it off.

2010 was the year Niall left for the X-Factor. I curiously opened it and saw Niall's signature. Then I remembered straight away, in 1999, Niall and I bought diaries together and promised that we'd write in it every single day, well I guess I broke my promise for not writing in between the years.

So did he.

I guess this just adds up to every other promise he broke.

Niall's signature clearly wasn't very neat. You never really settle on a signature at 6 years old. In all honesty, I still practice my signature when the thought of it arises. I'm sure Niall has already settled on a much proper signature now.

I carefully placed it back on the shelf and continued dusting. Right when I was done, my mom called from downstairs.

"Honey, come down and eat your breakfast!"

"Be there soon, mum!" I quickly replied and ran to wash my hands.

Food was something I always looked forward to. Food makes and ruins my day. If I come home to no food, I will crawl on the floor and according to my father, I look like 'a fish being possessed'.

I walked down the stairs and saw my little sister watching One Direction performing on the television. I guess it is pretty normal for a 6 year old like her to be obsessed with 1D, most of her friends are just like her. She probably didn't know about Niall and I, but she didn't have to know. After all she was born right after Niall left.

I sat down at the table to eat my cereal and watched their performance on X-Factor on the TV again. This performance was from years ago. Honestly, how many times has she watched this? I remember every single thing about this performance. How Niall was rubbing his hand on the side of his leg and how he looked away after he sang his part. I noticed every single detail, well, mostly just about Niall, but still. I doubted anyone would've been to tell how he felt through his body language, these were the little things that I had seen him do right before my eyes and I had gotten so used to them, it wasn't easy to forget.

Back then was the insecure and nervous Niall, but I bet he's perfectly fine now. After their performance ended, Dana switched the channels to one that showed a live interview with them.