Chapter Thirty-Eight: Spark of Fire

Forgotten Soul~

"How...much...longer?" I felt sleep trying to dig into me.

"Not much longer Beauty." I heard Rex close to me.

Water soaked into my clothes and I was starting to feel sea sick.

"Okay we're here." Oxina's head popped out of the water. She slithered out of the water halfway so I could land in the sand.

"Sorry but Ruben and I must go." Oxina dived into the water and disappeared.
Ruben dropped Rex off and gave us a warm smile.

"So long Forgotten Soul and Rex." Ruben dived into the water and splashed his tail before disappearing.

"Come on my love come home with me now." Rex helped me to stand. He wrapped a hand around my waist as he layed one of my hands around his neck.

"No Rex... I want to sleep." I felt my eyes grow heavy and my legs wobble.

"No wonder humans aren't immortals." A voice huffed behind us.

That voice....

I quickly opened my eyes wide and turned around to see two gray eyes.

"Danger..."

The sun beamed down on us and there was a moment of silence.

"She is mine." Rex growled and snatched me into his arms carrying me bridal style.

"She doesn't belongs to anyone of us." Danger's eyes were dark and held a glint of mystery.

"She all ready picked me..." Rex spat.

"But doesn't loves you." Danger took a step towards us.

My heart started to beat fast and I felt like I wanted to faint.

"Forgotten Soul...please come with me." Danger held out a hand.

I wanted to grab his hand and jump in his arms but I couldn't.

I don't want to hurt him. Besides...Agustin's image was haunting me. And he won't rest til he has me.

"Put me down." I closed my eyes and ordered Rex to obey.

"Are you kidding?! I'm not going to leave the love of my life just like that. I need you Dahlia. You're my Beauty."

"Rex. Trust me."

He huffed and released me.

I slowly walked towards Danger.

"Get it through your head... I'm with Rex now. You are too late!"

As much as my heart hurt I couldn't let Danger know my true feelings. I didn't want to hurt him even so I was hurting him already with my words.

"I know you love me. I'm not going to give up til we are together." Danger started to walk off.

"So what? Are you just going to go like a coward without picking up a fight?!" Rex yelled back.

"Shhh! Rex!" I covered his mouth.

Danger stopped in his track.

"Not all is evil..."

Those words....

Danger started to walk off again and finally disappeared.

"We did it!" Rex had a huge smile plastered on his face.