Chapter Forty-Eight: More Than Anything

Lily~

I stood by the edge of the bridge. Cars zoomed by not caring of my presence. I was fed up with life and myself. I looked down below me and stared at more cars going down the highway.

If I jump I'll be run over by thousands of cars going eighty miles per hour.

I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes. A light breeze blew on my hair making it cover half of my face and making my black dress move with the wind.

How I wish I was a cat again or even better, how I wish I was back to the real Lily.

My foot barely slipped and I balanced myself by spreading my arms.

This was it... I'm going to jump so my troubles will go...

Danger~

I drove my car to work, focusing on the road. Only my mind was with Delilah. I smiled and tightly gripped the steering wheel.

As I drove up ahead I could see a small crowd gathering. They were blocking the bridge and my car couldn't get in.

"She is going to jump!"

"Someone do something!

"I can't watch!"

The people mumbled within themselves. I got out of my car and checked what all the commotion was.

A familiar Someone stood on the edge of the bridge.

Agustin~

"Did you hear?" Your 'woman' is going to get married with someone that is obviously not you."

"What?!" I jumped off the bed and started to change.

"Honey don't tell me you're going to find her? You got her soul already. Wasn't that what you wanted?"

The woman on my bed glared at me.

"How did you know she was getting married Fiona?"

"You're crazy! Just leave her alone and get over her." She rolled her eyes. "I knew because her brother was my ex boyfriend and I've been stalking him ever since I saw him one day in the grocery store. I haven't stopped loving him.

I glared at her.

Her name was Fiona and she was part time wife and part time lover. Since I've moved in the city she has become my part time lover. She complains about her husband too busy for her so she looks for me instead. Not to mention she also knew I was a demonic vampire and my whole past. She didn't mind and I kinda liked her for that. Besides being with her I usually get drunk to ease my pains.

Not that it is working....

"Wasn't her soul enough for you?!" Fiona was getting ticked off.

"Later Fiona." I headed towards the door. "She is still my wife." I slammed the door and left my apartment.

Even so I had her soul I still needed her. Deep down in me I had a heart and deep down I actually loved Delilah.

And I'm not going to let anyone else have her.

Lily~

Just a little bit more... I steadied my footing and prepared for my jump.

''Lily! Mom!" I heard someone cry out.

I ignored the yell and decided my destiny.

"Goodbye cruel world!" I screamed and did my jump.

"Mother no!" I felt someone grasp on my waist and pull me away from the bridge.

"Let go of me! Can't you see I want to die! I'm nothing!" I screamed and started to cry miserably.

''Lily. Lily! Look at me." I felt someone cupped my face and pulled my chin slightly up. I stared into two gray eyes and I felt my heart cry in pain.

"Mother I need you." He embraced me.

"S..s..son." I stammered and embraced him tight in my arms.

More than anything I wanted my only child to call me mother. I had him in my arms and I felt a dream come true.

''Come with me." He stared into my eyes. "Come live with us happily." He smiled.

I nodded and started to cry more.

I had him in my arms.

My child....