- Chapter 9 -

Dawns POV

Now the first thing I need to do, is plot my plan for breaking up Ash and Serena. I will think of it soon. Watch out Serena!

Ash's POV

Today, a new day. Dawn is here now, so I need to kind of watch out for her. Being as clingy as she is, she will probably try to break up me and Serena. I should warn her.

I'm going to her house now to tell her about Dawn. I walk down the street to go to Serena's, then, of course, Dawn appears. She comes up to me and greets me.

"Hi, Ashy!"

"Oh great." I say as I roll my eyes. "Hi, Dawn!"

"So, I was wondering..."

"Yeah?"

"...if you would come back to Kanto with me. I mean, don't you miss all your friends? Don't you want to be home with us? With me?"

"Dawn, listen. I miss everyone back at home, of course. But I will come home when I'm ready. And besides. I can't leave Serena like that."

"Serena! Serena! Serena! What happened to you? To us? I thought we had a thing!"

"A 'thing'? Dawn, I never liked you in that way. I love you as a close friend. Not a girlfriend. I have Serena. She's one of the best things to happen to me."

"Ash! Open your eyes! She is not for you! I am! SHE IS N-O-T-H-I-N-G COMPARED TO ME!"

"DAWN! I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE!"

"FINE! See what I care. Soon you will see that she is evil."

"No. You are evil."

I keep walking to Serena's house but I picked up my pace. That 'friendly conversation' with Dawn, was not good. Now because of that she WILL try and break up me and Serena. I should start running now.

I get to the house and barge in the door.

"Serena! I came to warn you about-" I pause and see Serena on the ground with a black eye and a bloody nose.

"MY GOD! SERENA! WHAT HAPPEND TO YOU?!"

"T-that b-b-bit-tch." She says shakingly as she points into the kitchen.

I look over and Dawn is digging through Serena's kitchen knives.

"Ah! Ashy! Just in time to watch the show!" She says as she pulls out a large steak knife.

"DAWN! YOU BITCH! YOU LEAVE RIGHT NOW AND DONT COME BACK! AND LEAVE KALOS WHILE YOURE AT IT!" I yell.

"I'll go if YOU come with me."

I look at Dawn then at Serena.

"......okay, Dawn. You win. I'll go with you."

"Ash....no.." Serena stutters.

"I have to Serena. I can't bear to see you like this. I love you."

"I love you too, Ash" she passes out.

I pick her up and carry her 2 blocks to the hospital. I kick the door in and go in with Serena in my arms. A couple nurses run over and help as everyone in the waiting room just stares in awe.

"My arceus! What happened?!"

"No time to explain." I pant.

She is taken in to the room and I wait in the waiting room. I hear a ding and a nurse walks out.

"You may see her now, sir."

I walk in and see her on the hospital bed with a heart monitor and an IV in her wrist. I go the side of the bed and kneel down to her.

"Hi honey." I tell her.

"Hi."

"How you feeling?"

"Awful. Did I miss anything?"

"Other than the fact I carried you 2 blocks without resting, no not really."

"Really? You did that for me?"

"Of course. You're my everything. I would take a bullet for you."

"Thank you,Ash. For everything. I love you."

"I love you too. But..."

"But what?"

"I can't be here anymore..."

"WHAT? WHY?"

"Dawn. If I leave with her, you will be safe. If I stay, she will kill you."

"I don't care! Don't leave me!"

"BUT I CARE! I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF I LOSE YOU!"

".....please.. Don't go..."

"I have to. I'm sorry." I get up from my knee and start to walk out of the room.

"Ash? Ash! ASH! AASSHH!" I hear Serena yell from behind me. I walk out the hospital with tears pouring down my face.

I'm sorry Serena. I love you. I always will.

**********

Hey guys and gals! Here's Chapter 9! The end is a tear-jerker isn't it? I was almost gearing up writing it. Enjoy! Stay awesome!