Question

A/N-So after reading the story (check the next part please)most of you have the following question so I just found out the answer.

okay so Xyz is asking Cassandra Clare this question-

Hey there Cassie! I have a small question. I read in your twitter that shadow hunters shouldn't ever take mundane medicine, but then I remembered this sentence from Emma's Point of View in CoHF that explained how telling small lies to Ty could be disastrous, and it used the example of "this injection won't hurt a bit". Was that just a mundane example? Or do they actually use some of the mundane methods?
++++++++++
Cassandra Clare's Answer-

Absolutely the Silent Brothers can administer injections. They're the "doctors of the Shadowhunter world" basically. Syringes and injections have been around since the 1600′s.
Shadowhunters can take mundane medicine in the sense that they can pick up any over the counter pills and take them if they want them. More complex medicine may not work on Shadowhunters the way it works on mundanes. Very subtle things about Shadowhunters are different, and the Clave doesn't want those differences noticed, which is part of the ban on going to mundane doctors.
Jocelyn managed to make it through being hospitalized fine, but she had Caterina and Magnus working to cover things up. In the future we'll see again characters that Caterina helps with mundane medicine issues.