Chapter 2

Mani and I were in the car listening to the radio our song was on Rihanna Bitch Better Have My Money we were both into the song and laughing at each other.

Kamikaze if you think that you gone knock me off the tooop,

shit your wife in the backseat of my brand new foreign car

don't act like you forgot I call the shots shots shots

like blat blat blat pay me what you owe me don't act like you forgot

Bitch better have my money...

As we finished "performing" we pulled up at school and found a nice parking spot. Mani and I got out of the car and she locked the doors. We walked to one of the many buildings on our high school campus and went to our lockers. Mani and I were talking and gossiping when she screamed out. She turned around and once she realized who it was she smacked them.

"Damn Jay you play too fucking much!" She yelled at him as he tried to kiss her.

Jay was her on and off again boyfriend. They truly love each other. Even though it seemed like they were always arguing about side chicks and other stupid stuff but that was none of my business, though Mani would always come and talk to me about whatever was going on.

Me, on the other hand, I didn't have a boyfriend I felt like niggas weren't shit now a days and I really didn't need that foolishness in my life again. I did have a boyfriend but he cheated on me with some low-class hoe a couple months after I lost my virginity to him which was the summer before 11th grade year. So having a boyfriend was out of the question right now.

"Y'all little cute assess just ughhh need to stop." I laughed at them while making a face like I was sick to my stomach.

"Don't be mad at me cause you need some dick in ya life miss thang!" She spoke while sticking out her tongue at me.

Jay was cracking up and to me it wasn't even that funny. But soon after he managed to catch his breath he spoke, "Tee ya know I gotta friend who single come on what'chu think?"

Typical Jay always trying to set me up with his no good ass friends and most of them were ugly so I'll pass. I looked at him and laughed. "Thanks but no thanks Jay I'll pass on that offer."

Mani pushed me and told me to stop bitching. I flipped her off and gathered the rest of my stuff out of my locker before heading to 1st period.

First period was English class. Really boring but fun cause those kids were bad as hell and my bestfriend was in there. I usually sat in the front because I didn't want my grade to drop in that class from playing around with the kids in the back. Yes, even for me I could easily get distracted.

Ms. Welles our English teacher was a short black but yet beautiful woman in her early 50s. She looked to be in her late 30s knocking on the the door of 40 if you didn't know her but she looked good none the less.

When I walked in I was greeted by Ms. Welles and a few people that were in my other classes. Then out of nowhere I felt someone touch my shoulder and whisper in my ear.

"Damn bae you look real good today and that ass mmm can I take you out?"

When I turned around I was greeted by an all white smile and a dark complexion. It was my friend Ronny. He always played too much. I smacked him playfully and giggled to myself trying to hide the fact that I blushed a little.

"Ronny shut up you play all day and you know it." I told him.

"Pshh whatever mane you know you want all of this don't play yourself boo." He said with a knowing smirk.

Before I could say anything back my eyes were met by someone that I've seen around school only a few times but enough to know that I wanted him. He was a bad boy as all the girls would call him. He had a nice caramel skin tone with a low cut curly fade. I knew I was staring long enough because Ronny brought me back to reality.

"Helloooo baby girl damn stop focusing on the next nigga I'm hollering at 'chu." Ronny said while waving his hand repeatedly in my face.

I snapped out of it and stared at him. "What the hell Ronny you got a girlfriend you better shut up talking to me." I spoke half jokingly cause I was serious. That made him go back to his seat. He was always flirting with me but I didn't want his girl to come to me with the shit cause I ain't scared to whoop a bitch.

A few girls sitting in the back of the class shouted out to him saying "Heeyyy Maco". And after they did he flashed his award winning smile to them almost making me melt. Good god how could this boy be so damn fine and I cursed myself for getting that tingling sensation between my legs.

Before he left out he looked at me for what seemed like forever but was only a few seconds. And as soon as he left I smiled to myself. We've never made eye contact like that before but I liked it.

Mani came in with one of our other friends Lexi. They must've been gossiping because it was written all over there face.

"What were y'all just talking about?" Yea I peeped they shit before they could tell me anything.

"Well nosey," Lexi started to say, "I'm pregnant."

Pregnant? By who I thought to myself?

"By who?" I said aloud. And I only asked because she was a hoe, to be honest. But she knew she was so I wasn't mad cause at least she admitted her hoeness.

"Devin." Mani spoke up because Lexi wasn't speaking.

He was her ex boyfriend. I thought she would've been done with him after he put his hands on her but she claimed she loved him.

"Well congratulations, just be careful okay." I said sounding concerned.

She obviously didn't want to hear that because she forced a fake smile and said okay. After we talked a little while longer they both went back to their seats.

Moments later, a few more students came in and then the bell rang signaling that it was the start of class. Ms. Welles stood up teaching a lecture about poems I wasn't really paying attention even though it seemed like I was. We had a little class discussion and then class was finally over.

"Read the poem on pages 297 & 299 tonight!" Ms. Welles called out to students as they got up to leave out of class.

The day went on and it was around lunch time by now. I was tired and ready to go home. Mani and I were sitting at the lunch table when all of a sudden some female came out of nowhere talking mad shit.

"Where that Mani hoe at?" I look up to see Alexis and one of her minions with her.

"Ummm I'm right here bitch wassup!" Is all that Mani said before Alexis came over to her.

"I don't know how many times I gotta tell you stay away from my man bitch he don't want you!" Alexis claimed.

"Hoe, your man?" Mani laughed like someone told a joke,"He left your dirty ass for me don't get it twisted. Just cause you let him hit when we weren't together don't mean shit!"

Before anything else was said they were fighting.