Chapter 10

Maco

    "Wassup.. aye you got Teresa number mane?" I said through the phone.

    "Why you want her number Maco she is not a hoe or anything like that. So don't be trying to- " Tia blared through the phone.

     Tia was like a sister to me nothing less and nothing more. I knew her and Teresa were friends or whatever so I was trying to get her number from her. But she thought I was up to no good as usual.

    "I'm asking for it 'cause I need it. Damn come on Tia. Why I can't get her number?" I asked her. And how she know ole girl wasn't a hoe on the low, even tho' I never heard her name around.

    "Because you don't need it. Last time I gave you a friend's number you fucked her and her sister then stopped talking to her. Remember?" She said sounding salty.

    "Nahhhh, I never fucked Bre's sister she fucked with Jay and told Bre that she did it with me. I tried to tell Bre but she wouldn't listen to me. And her sister lied on me cause the bitch didn't want Mani to find out. On some bullshit."

     Bre was my ex-girlfriend from 10th grade. Yea I was in a relationship once before. We started dating in the 9th grade but we were on and off sometimes. Even though we had our problems I swear I loved that girl but when her sister lied on me and she didn't believe me I was pissed. So I was like fuck it and since then I wasn't in a relationship with anyone else.

    "Mhmm but I guess I'll give it to you later okay?"

    "Alright dude don't be taking too long." I said to her.

    "Okay big brother."

     With that being said we hung up the phone and I started watching tv again. Hopefully she give me her number tho.

     I was bored at home so I decided to go see my mom. My mom was a 45-year old 1st grade school teacher. My pops died 2 years ago from cancer. He was 47 years old. They got married when she was 25 then two years later they had me. They were married for 18 years before my pops passed. When I turned 18 I moved out, not because I wanted to get away from my mom but because I wanted my own shit. And since I hustled up money I went and got my own place.

     I arrived at my mom's house 30 minutes later. I knocked on the door and waited 2 minutes before I heard her speaking.

    "I'm coming. Who is it?"

    "Ma, just open the door it's hot as hell out here." I said waiting for her to open the door.

     Seconds later she opened the door. "Nigga you better stop all that cussing before I knock you down." She smiled before she hugged and kissed me.

     She let me in and I went in the kitchen to get something to drink while she was in the living room watching tv. I came in the room and she had her feet up and was covered up with a blanket.

    "Ma what'chu been doing man, it's been a minute?" I asked.

    "Nothing boy just been keeping to myself."

    "I see you got your hair done you lookin' good." I said complimenting her.

    "Thank you baby. I went and got it done on Saturday so I can look mad good as always. My beautician Mrs. Williams did it. She's a nice lady." She told me.

    "You tryin' to get you a man. Let me find out you in here gettin' down man." I said while laughing.

    "Hush boy. Last time I checked I was a grown ass woman and I can do what I want. And while you worried about me where your lil girlfriend at? Did you ever get back with Bre?"

     My mom met Bre and she really didn't like her that much. I didn't understand why she didn't like her. My mom said 'it's something about that girl I don't like'. And after me and Bre broke up I did find out she was cheating on me with some nigga named Leon. I told my mom about it and she was glad when I told her I was done with Bre for good. But she really didn't believe me because when I told her that before me and Bre had gotten back together.

    "Ma, no! Ion even talk to her no mo'. 'Member I told ya what happened between us. I told ya I was done with her for good. That was like 2 years ago man."

    "Oh well good I never really liked that girl. But you nee-"

    "Ma why you always trying to set me up with somebody. I'm good." I told her.

     She was always worried about me having a girl or something.

    "Well hell you need somebody. Your ass done got mean and I'm tired of you chasing these hot thots. You gone fuck around and get something that can't be curable. Now I know you probably ain't gone do as I say but it's just a piece of advice."

     Even though my mom got on my nerves she was right and I loved her till death.

    "Yea I know ma."

    "Well act like you know somethin' boy but how you been doing?"

    "I'm doing fine ma, everything's good."

     We talked and laughed some more before I received a text from Tia. She finally gave me Teresa's number. It took her long enough but it was cool. My mom and I continued talking for a few more minutes then I decided to leave it was like 7:50.

    "Ma it was good seeing you." I said hugging her before I headed to the door.

    "Good seeing you too baby but come back and see me and stay out of trouble for me please son, I love you."

    "Aight ma, I gotchu. I love you too." I said back to her before leaving out of the door.

     When I got in the car I saved Teresa's number then drove home getting there around 8:35.

     I got in the house and went straight to the shower. I showered for about 20 minutes then stepped out and put on some boxers and basketball shorts. I was about to text Teresa but I had got an incoming call.

    "Hello." I said waiting for someone to respond.

    "Aye wassup nigga, what you got shaking over there?" I heard Jay say through the phone.

    "Not shit wassup with ya homie, you talk to Mani? Y'all straight?"

    "Damn nosey 21 question playin' ass motherfucka. You always wanna know some shit but me and wifey straight." He said while I laughed.

    "Awe okay but wassup man."

    "Awe I was about to see if you're toad looking ass wanted to dope with me and some bitches."

     Me and Jay stayed checking each other like mad crazy. The shit was funny to me.

    "Damn you super gay peter pan lookin' ass nigga but yea fo sho. But Ima pull up at yo house."

     After that we shared a laugh and hung up then I drove to Jay's house.