Chapter 12

Teresa

It's Wednesday and I haven't seen Mani at school yesterday or today. I hope she's okay. We got to talk on Monday night and we got everything back in place. I ain't gone lie, I kinda did miss her. I'm glad she came to my house so we could talk. It was around lunch time when I finally saw Mani. She didn't look too good.

"Hey Mani. Wassup you good? I haven't seen you all day and yesterday."

"Hey Tee. I've just been going through it with Jaquan." I knew it had to be serious because she said his government name.

"What's been going on? What happened?" I asked while we sat at a lunch table.

"After I left your house I went to his house because he wasn't answering my calls or anything and I was worried. So when I got there it was alot of people there some of his niggas including Maco and some half naked hoochies in there. So Maco ask me what I'm doing there and shit but I was looking for Jaquan so I headed upstairs and saw him in the bed with some bitch."

"Did you beat her ass or something at all?" I knew she had done something.

She looked at me and shook her head. "I didn't beat her ass apparently he told her he was single or some shit so she slapped him and grabbed her stuff and apologized to me. Then after that me and him went back and forth and I said fuck him and slapped him then left."

"I'm so sorry. I think you should just leave him alone. He always breaking your heart and shit. I don't wanna see you hurt."

She just sat there and stared off into space. I was upset with Jay, he hurt my bestfriend. After lunch was over I walked Mani to her class then I walked back to my class.

When I got in the class the teacher wasn't in there yet so I was on my phone. I was playing a game till an unknown number texted me.

Unknown: Hey ma, what's good ? [12:25]

I was trying to figure out who it was so I just texted them back.

Me: Um, who is this [12:27]

Unknown: Maybe ya next nigga or something...but nah it's Maco. [12:29]

Maco? How did he get my number? Is this really him? I wondered should I text him back after how he acted towards me the other day? I waited a minute then I replied.

Me: How did you get my number? [12:31]

Maco: Shit got my ways but wyd [12:33]

Me: In class just chilling [12:34]

I waited for him to reply but I had to put my phone away because my teacher came in the class. I was just ready to go home. I didn't want to be in class so I asked could I go to the bathroom. I grabbed my purse and left the classroom. I was just walking around then I pulled out my phone.

Maco: Alright then [12:37]

I really wanna know how he got my number. While I was walking in the hall I heard someone talking so I slowed down and listened. I heard some familiar voices. It was Ronny and Lexi.

"Ronny you coming over today? To give me the good or you gone be with your bitch today?"

"Why you gotta call her a bitch mane? You always acting like she the side chick when it's really you."

I was surprised that she would fuck off with somebody while she was pregnant. That shit is foul. I thought she would at least stop hoeing for the time being. And Ronny trifling as fuck for doing that shit.

"Yeah I know that babe. I'm sorry okay I didn't really mean it." She said to him before I saw him walk off with nothing else to say. He didn't see me standing around the corner which was good.

I then had to use the bathroom for real so I found the bathroom and went into the stall. I was using the bathroom when I heard two people come in the bathroom. It was Lexi and I assumed one of her friends. But to my surprise I heard Alexis talking. I know that she wasn't talking to her because she was just talking about she didn't like her. I flushed the toilet and walked out the stall.

They both looked up at me and Alexis had a sour look on her face. The fuck is she looking at? I didn't say anything I just looked at her. I started washing my hands and Lexi started talking to me.

"Hey Teresa, wassup with you?"

I didn't say anything to her I finished washing my hands and got some paper towels.

"Uhh I know you hear her talking to you." Alexis had said budding in.

"I heard her I obviously didn't want to speak back to her." I shot back.

"Why you don't want to talk to me what did I do to you?" She said rolling her eyes.

"You know Lexi you're fake ass fuck and I don't like that. You claim you don't like this buddy ass bitch right here," I said pointing to Alexis, "but you in here talking to her like y'all just the best of friends. Then you going around fucking niggas while you pregnant. You disgust me real shit. Are you even sure if it's Devin's baby?"

"Bitch why you worried about what my cousin doing with your nosey ass damn. And don't talk to her like that cause you will get slapped." Alexis got closer to me getting in my face.

'My cousin' was the only thing that kept replaying in my head. Me and Lexi been friends for a while and she knew I didn't like Alexis now here it is that's her cousin. Lexi would dog this girl out talking mad shit. She would come to me talking like that was her sworn damn enemy. Just fake.

"Well I'm worried about it because she suppose to be my friend but she just fake and she be talking about you like you some bug ass hoe and that's corny ass fuck like yo' you don't see that." I said as I stepped back from her.

Alexis didn't seem to be bothered by me telling her that Lexi talks about her so I was just looking like are you serious.

"Honestly I don't give a fuck what you got to say Teresa okay. You think you just so perfect nobody cares okay damn. Fuck you." Lexi said as she brushed past me rushing out of the bathroom with Alexis hot on her heels.

I know I'm not perfect at all but did she really just say that I was trying to look out for her hoe ass. Well actually I was more concerned for the baby. But I don't need her damn friendship I mean it wasn't like I was depending on it.

I looked in the mirror and made sure my hair was straight before heading out. Once I got out of the bathroom I felt somebody grab me from behind and pull me to a nearby exit.

Jay

I knew I fucked up to the max. I know Mani is extremely mad at me because she would've texted me by now. I didn't go to school today I just didn't feel like it at all. I just figured I needed a day off. I had been smoking blunts and on instagram damn near all day.

I got up out of my bed to go to the kitchen, a nigga was hungry. I went downstairs and made me some Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I was chilling watching tv til I got a phone call. I hurried to look at the screen thinking it would be my girl but it was just Maco.

"Wassup mane what it do?" I said through the phone.

"Nigga what you doin' you need to come to the house." He said referring to the trap house.

I really ain't just a big drug lord but I do sell and I have worthy workers on my team. They know not to fuck with me cause I'll bag a body quick. Maco is also on my team. He been my day one.

"Is everything aight?"

"Yea you just been in the house mad long nigga. You usually be callin' me to go to the house."

"Yea I'm just outta it but I'll be over there soon nigga catch you later." I said before I hung up the phone.

     I finished my cereal, hopped in the shower, got dressed, and headed out the front door.