Chapter Five: Trust.

I don't usually do Authors notes, but I feel like this is one that needs explaining. 

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event. Symptoms may include flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety, as well as uncontrollable thoughts about the event.

Many people who go through traumatic events have difficulty adjusting and coping for a while. But with time and taking care of yourself, such traumatic reactions usually get better. In some cases, though, the symptoms can get worse or last for months or even years. Sometimes they may completely shake up your life. In a case such as this, you may have post-traumatic stress disorder.

Getting treatment as soon as possible after post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms develop may prevent long-term post-traumatic stress disorder.

Please Vote and Comment if you like it. I love me some feedback, You'd make me the happiest person on earth. Pretty Please? Enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Two and a Half Years Ago.

I was on the swing in the garden. Flowers were in full bloom everywhere. I kicked my legs out and pumped them up and down gaining momentum. The white sun-dress I was wearing was flying up to my upper thighs as I laughed like a mad-woman let go and jumped out onto the soft grass. I let myself fall to my knees and throw myself back in a bed of forget-me-nots. Huge fluffy clouds were passing me by. I made a game of what they were, A dragon, A dog, A toaster. I laughed as I came up with odder things to see. Today was my sixteenth birthday and I was excited for the party tonight. I heard my Daddy call me and I ran from the garden to greet him with a hug.

“Hey Little Red.” He cooed affectionately. My golden eyes looked up into his hazel ones. He kissed my head. “What were you doing?” He asked curiously.

“I was just swinging.” I shrugged. He nodded and patted my head.

“Okay, I was just wondering what you were up to. You have to come get ready soon, so don't wander off too far, okay?” I smiled brightly and nodded. I wouldn't miss my own party for the world. I would get to see my friends Aubrey, and Khloe. I hadn't seen them for awhile and I looked forward to getting to spend some time with them. Deciding I couldn't wait, I ran up to my beautiful room my mother had decorated for me before she passed away. It was a lilac color, and I had a beautiful four-poster bed with huge fluffy white sheets, and a lacy canopy on top. All of my Furniture was a dark walnut, and made the white stand out in stark contrast. I walked over to my vanity and turned on my curling iron before deciding on my outfit for tonight.

I decided on a beautiful purple sundress with red cherry blossoms on it. I slipped into a pair of black ballet flats, and walked back to my vanity to curl my hair and put on my make-up. I went for the smokey eye look, and applied the rest of my make-up with natural colors. I wanted to bring attention to my eyes. I loved their pretty golden color. They were my Mothers eyes. At the thought I looked at the picture I had of her. She was smiling and her wild deep auburn hair was trying to escape a braid down her back, Her golden eyes sparkling with excitement. A little pink bundle was in her arms with a sprinkling of bright red hair. I don't know how old I was in the picture, maybe three or four months old? Either way, she had looked happy. I silently thanked the Moon Mother for the ten years she gave me with her before she passed. I kissed her picture before I stood and walked out of my room.

A bunch of people were already arriving for my Sweet Sixteenth. I could see a lot of familiar faces of Adults in my Pack, but I didn't see Aubrey or Khloe yet. I decided to walk around the gardens a little more before I went a socialized. I picked my favorite spot in the bed of forget-me-nots, and began to weave a crown of the pretty purple and white flowers. I remember my Daddy telling me at one point these had been my Mother's favorite too. Thats why he had planted so many. I heard foot steps coming up behind me, but I didn't turn. I smiled and put the crown on my head, thinking it was my Daddy.