Chapter Tweleve: Diane

You guys are amazing. Almost 500 reads. I wasn't ever expecting that. Heres chapter Tweleve. We have Two more chapters left, then the Epi. I hope you like this chapter. As a Mother myself it brought a tear to my eyes. I hope you like it. Please Vote, Comment, and share. XXX

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Eight Years Ago~

A woman was sitting in a beautifully elaborate garden. The hedge's had been trimmed to look like different animals, Giraffe, Elephants, Lions, and some were just geometric designs. She was tall for a woman, with long auburn hair pulled into a fat braid. Her eyes were large and were full of life, the color of melted butter. Warm and inviting. She was a lot of things, but out of all those things, all the roles she played to so many people in her Pack, Her favorite was being a Mother.

It was then that a little girl ran out of the house in a white sundress, her blood red hair chasing behind her. She laughed as she ran faster. The woman stood up just in time to catch the little girl as she jumped at her Mother. Her Mother spun her around in a arch before falling backwards into a bed of forget-me-nots. “Hello, Scar. What are you up too?” The girls Mother asked. The little girl sat up, her wavy blood-red hair looking crazy.

“I came to find you. I wanted to walk in the woods. This is good though too!” She chirped happily, just content to be in her Mother's arms where she knew she was safe and loved. Her Mother's eyes were filled with love for this little girl. Any Mother would be happy to spend time with her. She was kind, polite, and always smiling. Considering the rough way the little girl had been brought into the world, almost killing them both, Her Mother saw her as her one and only blessing. The only child she would ever have.

“Okay, Lets go for a walk then.” The Girls Mother smiled down at her, as she got to her feet, and reached out her hand. The bigger hand enveloped the smaller one, and off they went. Absorbed by the forests trees, grass, and underbrush. It was peaceful, and Spring was in full swing. The birds were calling out to potential Mates, in a symphony of sounds. Spring peepers started in on their own chorus. Be sure, this was the most beautiful sound to the Mothers ears, second only to her Daughters voice.

They had walked quite a ways in silence, just listening to the sounds of nature. When the little girl couldn't hold it in anymore, and started chatting at a million miles an hour. She talked about school, the Pack, Her own adventures in the garden, How angry Daddy had looked this morning when he found out she had colored on her bedroom wall. How much she loved her Mother.

“I love you more then ice cream and sprinkles.” The little girl said. Her smile lifted up her chubby cheeks into round orbs.

“I love you more then the full moon.” Her Mother replied back. The little girl thought for a moment before replying.

“I love you more then Olive.” Olive was her hand stitched doll her Mommy had sewn for her. This brought a smile to her Mothers face. Her Mother bent down to her level and looked into the same buttery gold eyes that she saw in the mirror everyday.

“I love you more then my wolf loves to run. I love you more then life. I love you always and forever, until the moon falls from the sky. I love you more then the whole world and everyone in it.” Her Mother finished and the little girl smiled a crooked smile.

“That's a lot!” She giggled, then threw herself into her Mothers arms. “I love you that much too!” She confirmed. The Mother stood up holding the little girl in her arms.

“Look, see that purple flower? Thats called a sweet William.” The little girl frowned at it.

“Who's William?” She asked. The Mother laughed.