Chapter 2

Iqra POV

"WHAT?!" I stare blankly at my parents

"Listen princess we really want this marriage to take place. We have been waiting for this moment since you were born" dad started to cry. Tests sliding down his cheeks.

"We want our friendship with Zainab and Zayn to be deeper and turn onto a close relationship." My heart fell seeing both my parents in tears. I fell on the leather sofa hold of my face in my hands. I thought about it. Should I say yes? I can't I don't even know the guy? I'm going to leave it on Allah. He knows the best for me.

After half an hour I called both my parents in the room.

"I called to give my response to this proposal"

"So...what is it?" Both staring at me ready to hear a no

" I accept it" I spoke giving a weak smile

"Are you sure princess" dad spoke looking at me with his Red puffy eyes.

"Yes dad I'm sure" I have faith in Allah surely he has set something great to bring in my life.

"Oh my baby thank you so much. Inshallah when shall we arrange the engagement. I mean we both would appreciate if you accept to get married soon. Plus we want the engagement ceremony to happen his week. Zainab auntie wants the wedding to take place soon as well" mum spoke with a huge smile.

"Ok whatever makes the wedding soon." i spoke whilst walking out of the living room.

Walking in the room I see Hassan fast asleep, snoring. I kiss his head and fell asleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. Mum decided tommorow is going to be the engagement.

"Good morning" mum walks opening the curtains.

"Where's Hassan?" I ask seeing he wasn't there on the bed.

"He is awake and ready but now he's eating breakfast. Hurry up and get ready we need to go at 1:00."

"Ok, mum.. what..? Never mind" getting off the bed and tying my long brown hair in a bun.

"Sure you don't want to ask anything"
"Yes" I say. I really want to know what his name is?I don't want to ask mum so I think I am not finding out before this 'marriage'.

"I'm ready mum you go sit in the car I'm coming. I'm going to pick my phone."

"Hurry!"

We are on the way to the engagement hall and before I could talk to Rahma I was already there. She doesn't know about my engagement yet she would really be angry with me. I would call her when I come back home.

"Iqra come I'll seat you on the stage. We are already late." Mum seems unhappy about reaching late. She hate being late.

"Ok" smiling at her I lift my embroidered sky blue lengha and walk towards the stage.

I was seated when I was told to stand up by dad.

"Exchange rings" a man with a deep voice ordered.

He picked my hand elegantly. Weird feelings ran up and down my body. It felt like I know this touch. He slides the ring in my finger harshly.

"Ouch!" I gasp

"Sorry" a deep voice spoke calmly.

Now was my turn, time to take my revenge. I slid the ring harshly.

"Sorry" I spoke smirking

"It didn't hurt" that voice was attracting me to this man.

"Congratulations" Zainab auntie and mum spoke in unison. Then Zainab auntie came squeezing the life out of me