Chapter 4- Secrets

Hey!! So this is the new chapter to 'Tomorrow...' I hope you like it. Please please please comment, fan, vote, like, add to reading list, whatever. It really means a lot to me as a writer- I'm sure you would all understand that!  Pic of Chris (AnnaSophia Robb) On The Side----------->

Video: Red By Taylor Swift (I felt this song is what Tara would be feeling like so this is her song)

ENJOY!! 

I arrived home at around seven o'clock. We had spent three hours cleaning the old house but we still had a while to go. We had revamped it with old furniture and rugs and tinned food. Chris had had the idea to make it into some sort of hideout and meeting place where we could discuss the strange happening and letters in privacy. I think that we were all surprised to find she had something to contribute but we didn't show it. This made me wonder if we had offended her at all but I don't think that we did, as she had shown no signs, then again Chris was always hidden under some sort of mask that hasn't cracked yet. 

Even though Caleb, Chris, Lesley, Jake, Matt, Rae, Natalie and I were all discovering the secrets of our town, we still never really talked at school. We just kept to ourselves and our normal social circles rather than associating ourselves with one another like in the out of school hours. 

Lesley still never spoke to us in school and Lesley refused to let her Bitch-type attitude away, sometimes even when she was with us. It often made me wonder if she was really such a bitch or if it was just a mask to hide and insecure girl.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I realised that it was Friday, the day before Jake's Halloween party. After school, we all headed to Jake's house to finish the preparations.  The preparations had been going full out, with the whole group, except Lesley, helping. Rae scrolled through a list of preparations on her ipad and read them out. 

"Food and Drinks?" She looked at Jake who responded with "Check"

"Music?" She looked to Matt who was going to be dj-ing the event. "Check"

"Invites?"  She looked to Natalie and I, who were in charge of messaging everybody and informing them about the event. "Check" We said simultaneously then giggling at each other.

Jake shook his head before slipping his arm around my waist, and I leaned my head on his shoulder, barely noticing how Natalie would look away every time we made some sort of physical contact.

"Location?" Rae looked at Jake. "Check. My parents are away. They left this morning"

"Decorations?" She looked to Caleb and Chris. "Check"

"Okay and that's it." she said locking her ipad and we all separated finishing off the final touches. I walked over to Chris who was arranging some orange and black streamers around a pole outside. "Need some help?"  I asked. She startled, nearly falling off the ladder. "Yes... please" She said timidly. I grabbed the tape off the ground and helped her tape the streamers around the pole. I noticed a silver key on a chain around her neck glinting in the sunlight. "That's a really pretty necklace,” I said continuing with the job at hand. 

"Oh thanks, it was my mother’s. She used to say it was the key to all of her secrets, so I guess it's also the key to mine" she paused, "But don't tell anyone" she said smiling a toothy smile before turning her blonde head back to the pole. I smiled unsurely before catching Matt who was walking past with a pile of cd's. 

"Have you seen Jake?" I asked him. 

"Fraid Not" He said before smiling at me, revealing his dimples, and continuing to the bbq deck. I watched his retreating long black hair and frowned. Walking around Jake's house in search of him I thought over what Chris had told me, "She said it was the key to all of her secrets, so I guess it's also the key to mine. But don't tell anyone".

Opening Jake's bedroom door I saw a sight I thought I would never see, especially not now. Jake was lying on his bed with Natalie on top of him, kissing her hungrily. Their hair was messy and their tops and shoes on the floor. Jake fiddled with Natalie's lacy bra. Tears stinging my eyes, I slammed the door closed hearing them stop kissing and look. Running down the stairs I turned the corner and collided into a bored looking Caleb. 

"Hey I was just looking for you, I..." he stopped noticing my red eyes and tear stained cheeks. "Tara what's wrong?" He asked me concern etching his masculine features.  I didn't say anything, just melted into his strong arms, which held me close. He rested his head on top of mine and rubbed my back in slow circular motions. I heard the stairs creaking and with my eyes closed, smelled Natalie's flowery perfume brush past me. 

"What's wrong? Is she okay?" She asked in a sweet voice. I looked up and glared at her causing her to back into the wall. "How could you?" I asked my voice cracking, but still meeting her gaze determinedly. 

"How could I what?" She asked as if she had no idea what I was talking about. "You bitch!" I yelled and lunged at her slapping her hard across the face. She fell down onto the stairs and I stood there clenching my fists as she sobbed on the ground, when Jake came running down the stairs.

 "What's going o- Tara what the hell?!" He yelled helping Natalie up and assessing her face. "What's wrong with you?" he asked.

“What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?!" I retaliated. "Cheating on me with my best friend?" I asked.

"I'm sorry okay!" He said walking into the kitchen to get some ice for Natalie’s face. "But she reminded me so much of you and it was the moment and-" I cut him off in disbelief.

"Oh for God's sake Jake shut up!” Jake looked surprised, "I don’t give a damn about your stupid excuses. We’re through!" I looked at Natalie, who gave me a sad smile, and stalked outside. I passed Rae and Matt who were in an in-depth conversation about All Time Low, Matt's favourite band. "Did you here that-" Rae stopped short when she saw me. 

"Tara, What's wrong babe?" She asked and without waiting for an answer she hugged me in her short embrace while Matt just looked confused.

"Was it something Jake did?" He asked, "cause if its because of him I swear I'm gonna kill him if he made you cry" He said looking determinedly at the house where I could faintly hear a loud argument going on.

"Matt. It's okay, I'll be fine. Could you- maybe drive me home? I don't think I can drive."

He looked at me. "Yeah Sure, I'll just grab my keys and get Caleb to drive your car home later, okay?" I smiled at him before escaping out of Rae's grasp and hugging him tightly.  

"Okay" I said as I heard him sniff me. "Don’t sniff me!" I said pushing myself out of his embrace. He smiled a sheepish smile,

“Sorry" He said before walking into the house and returning less than a minute later. "Let's go,” He said twisting the keys around his finger.

"Bye" I said to Rae who gave me an understanding smile and took Matt's hand as he helped me into the car. Looking back at the house I felt someone looking at me.

I turned at saw Chris standing on Jake's front porch with a pair of scissors and for some reason, her icy stare made a chill go down my spine. 

OOH... Drama!! The next update will be the Halloween party but I don't know when it will be as I'm going on holidays tomorrow morning and I may not have wifi. But who knows, if you're lucky I may post it this afternoon!

What do you think of Caleb?

What about Jake and Natalie?

PLEASE PLEASE let me know and your idea may even take place in the story!

OUTFITS: 

Tara-http://www.polyvore.com/tara_school_outfit/set?id=78750945

Chris-http://www.polyvore.com/chris_school_outfit/set?id=78749128

Lesley-http://www.polyvore.com/lesley_school_outfit/set?id=78751850

Rae- http://www.polyvore.com/rae_school_outfit/set?id=78753243

Natalie-http://www.polyvore.com/natalie_school_outfit/set?id=78750231