Chapter 5- Halloween

Hey so I’m so incredibly sorry. I’m on holidays so I don't know if I will be able to post as often. Oh Well... here’s an extra-long one just to keep you interested (10 pages on Microsoft Word!!) . PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP ON ME AND THIS STORY!!!!!!!! 

Pic- The dashing Jake (Josh Hutcherson)

Video- All Time Low, Time Bomb (Party Song)

Enjoy!! (Ps. Don't forget to check out the outfits down the bottom! :D)

Cheers xx

Saturday morning I woke with an ache in my chest. It felt hard and constricted, and I couldn't breathe. Rubbing my crusty and sore eyes, I realised that I must have cried myself to sleep. Looking at the alarm clock I groaned. "Ten O’clock'' I said with a grunt of dissatisfaction. 

Looking out the window I saw my neighbors up and about and the sun shining warmly over the October weather. Dogs were barking and birds were chirping. I heard laughter from downstairs.

"Why does everything have to be so happy?" I cried then pulled a pillow over my face and breathing deeply. “Oh well, time to get up" I said, my voice muffled by the cushion. “Five more minutes" I retaliated before sitting up in shock. 

"Bugger!" I said creasing my eyebrows. "I'm having a conversation with myself, how much weirder can I get?" I pulled the doona up to my pillow and smoothed the creases. 

"You really wanna know?"

"Damn Girl, go have a shower!"

"I'm going, sheesh" I stopped, halfway through opening my bathroom door and shook my head vigorously. I just wish my head would shut up. 

I wished I could stay in the shower forever, but that was just not practical. I didn't wanna go to the party looking like a prune so I switched off the steamy indulgence and wrapped a towel around me. Walking to my wardrobe I stopped and picked out a comfortable but cute ensemble and dried my dark, straight mane. Applying my normal makeup I walked downstairs.

"That's weird. I thought I heard laughter before", I said aloud upon reaching the empty kitchen. Shrugging, I walked to the cupboard and pulled out a bowl and spoon and pored myself some cereal. Walking to the kitchen bench I saw a note sitting there, underneath a vase. My heart pounding I picked it up and ran my eyes over it.

'Tara,

I have gone into town to grab some groceries and meet with some friends for lunch. 

Your friend, Christian I think his name is, dropped your car off this morning and told you to call him later and tell him how you're going. Did something happen sweetie? Why would you be upset?

Anyways, make sure you're organised for tonight and don't forget to run to the store and get a Halloween costume for tonight and candy for the trick or treaters!! 

Love you, Mum xx'

I looked at the clock, Eleven O'clock, and put my cereal down on the bench. "Dammit! I had forgotten about my costume!!" I rinsed my bowl and grabbed my car keys.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rushing inside to the shopping centre I raced around looking for a costume. I decided on a red and black burlesque dress with fishnet stockings and high boots. The dress was incredibly cheeky and I really only got it to show Jake what he was missing. 

Stopping and buying Candy for the trick or treaters, I stopped outside in shock. "Where's my car?" I asked aloud.

"Excuse Me, Miss?" A man with a deep voice asked. I swiveled around and saw a large man with a beer belly, in a blue jumpsuit with a nametag that said 'Luther' standing behind me.