Chapter 9- Weekends

So this is a filler chapter but I sort of need it. Oh well Enjoy!! **NOT EDITED**

Pic--------> India Eisley (Rae)

I awoke to the sound of scratching. “uh, another mouse” I moaned before stretching my aching muscles. I had fallen asleep on the wooden bench with an old rug wrapped around me. The guards had let me change into clothes that my mother had brought in so that I didn’t soil my good ones. Everything seemed so foggy that I could almost convince myself that I was dreaming. In my disoriented state I looked around. Everything seemed the same as it was before I fell asleep an estimated two hours ago, except that the officer guarding the cell had also fallen into a deep sleep. His snores echoed throughout the room as I realised that I was the only prisoner in a holding cell of my own.

I knew that I didn’t do anything wrong and so did Caleb but I and no evidence against my case. Regrettably, I had finally come to the conclusion that Chris was not who she said she was. I felt so stupid, Chris had played everybody but I had fallen for her ‘game’ the hardest. I guess I was so desperate for her to have a friend that I defended her blindly.

Even though I had had all of this time to think uninterrupted, I still could not figure out why she would do what she did. But one question was forever planted in my mind- Was she the legendary wolf? Or was Caleb just too involved in his own theories that the answer was right in front of our eyes.

Lost in thought I examined the cell for the hundredth time; my eyes fell on the same cracks and scratches that I had redrawn with my finger so many times. I still had a feeling that I was missing something. And why did Chris need that key so much?

My heart leaped in shock as Caleb suddenly appeared in front of me.

“What the hell?” I cried as he clamped his hand over my mouth. I heard scrabbling next to him and he stepped to the side as Natalie’s head appeared. “Natalie!” I tried to exclaim but Caleb’s hand was still over my mouth. I licked his hand and Caleb recoiled in disgust, “Did you just lick my hand?”

“Shhh!” I mocked him and he shut up. We stood there for a while, looking into each other’s eyes. I felt the sudden urge to kiss him but knew that I couldn’t.

“Are you guys gonna stand there all day or are you gonna hurry up and get the hell out of here?” Natalie asked causing Caleb and I to look at her. Realising she had a point; Caleb took my hand and lead me across the cell. Me, being the clumsy person that I am tripped over the ‘bed’. Luckily, Caleb helped keep me upright. The guard snored and stirred in his sleep. We froze in our places; Natalie lifting up a floorboard and me looking at Caleb who was staring hardly at the guard. After a minute or two we moved ever so silently. Natalie disappeared through the floor and I made a move to follow.

Looking through the hole in the floor I saw a tunnel with a long vertical drop and footholds cut into the wall. I climbed down with Natalie under me and Caleb hovering above me. Halfway down I slipped but Caleb caught me once again.

“Thanks” I mumbled blushing in the dark tunnel, hoping that he wouldn’t see. Behind me Caleb produced a torch and I could make out a tunnel stretching what seemed to be under the town. “I didn’t know that there was a tunnel under here” I said looking around.

“Duh” I heard from behind me. Turning around I saw Lesley, Jake and Rae standing at the bottom of the drop. Assuming it was Lesley who was rude to me, I gave everybody a hug making sure hers was an extra tight, long one. The look on her face was priceless as she tried to cleanse herself from me with Jake’s jumper sleeve.

We crept along the tunnel until we saw light again. Stretching, I followed Jake and Rae out of the hole in the ground basking in the autumn sun’s light. As I hadn’t been free for a few weeks, this was heaven.

Realising we were in the local park, we played around for a while on the swings and equipment before it got dark. Making a plan to meet up the next day, I got a lift home from Rae who lived down the road.

Whilst we were in the car, she was gripping the wheel tightly. Noticing that she seemed not her usual bubbly self I grew worried.

“Rae? Are you okay?” I asked.

“Tara can I ask you something?” she asked, taking a right turn into our street.

“Sure, anything I mean you just saved my life”

She gulped before turning to me briefly, “Do you like Matt?”

I blinked, shocked before answering her, “No. I mean we went out once but to tell you the truth- I never really liked him, I think I like Caleb”

She smiled sweetly before turning serious again. “Good because I think I know something about Matt that he doesn’t want anybody to know”

“Oh yeah what is that?” I asked.

“Trust me, you wouldn’t want to know” she said a look of determination crossing her pale features, “But don’t worry I will take care of it”

She stopped th car out the front of my house. “Are you sure I can’t help you?”

“Don’t worry I’m fine. Hey I will meet you at the house tomorrow because I’ve got some things to do in the morning”

I grabbed my coat, stepping out. “Okay I’ll tell the others. We were going to car pool with Nat but I’ll tell her you’ll meet us there”

She started the car once again, “Okay bye”

“Bye”. I waved to her before unlocking the house and entering to find my mother cooking over the stove.

“Mmm what smells so good?” I asked as she turned to me, a bigger smile on her face then I had ever seen.

“Chicken soup” she said laughing at the old family remedy. I laughed with her, happy that she was finally happy again.

“Because...” I asked her waiting for her to finish my grandmother’s favourite saying and that she did; “Chicken soup is good for the soul”

I grabbed an apple and sat down on a stool. “Tara, I am so glad that they let me bail you out”

“Bail me out?” I asked not wanting to tell her that I had broken out.

“Yes I had paid them last week but they said that they had trouble processing the claims but I’m glad that they let you out”

I smiled before agreeing with her. I kissed her cheek before heading upstairs to take a shower. ‘So they were meant to let me out weeks ago?’ I thought over and over while the hot water pounded down on my sore and tired body. “So why didn’t they?”

There you go!! Sort of a filler chapter but I sort of needed it. I am sad to say that Tomorrow… is nearly done!! Only two-three chapters left :( You guys have been great. Since there is only limited time left to get a dedication, VOTE COMMENT FAN ADD!! Thanks guys.

OUTFITS:

Tara- http://www.polyvore.com/tara_weekend_outfit/set?id=81459407

Natalie- http://www.polyvore.com/natalie_weekend_outfit/set?id=81459754

Rae- http://www.polyvore.com/rae_weekend_outfit/set?id=81459545

Lesley- http://www.polyvore.com/lesley_weekend_outfit/set?id=81459978

Bye xx