Chapter 2

Pietro found Raptor in the pool area swimming around in the deep water like a twenty-one foot crocodile with only her back and the top of her head above water. When she noticed him she shifted forms and swam to the edge to greet him.

"I already took some time out to train so what do you want?" Raptor asked as she glanced at his scabbed over arm.

Pietro shrugged. "I just wanted to spend time you for a bit without being in a fight for our lives."

"Care to jump in then, perhaps have a race?" She swam away a few yards with a challenge in her tone. "Or can you only run fast?"

"Wouldn't telling you give away if I was fast at swimming?" He questioned as he followed along the edge.

"Then let's race to find out... or are you scared?"

He smirked as she challenged him before taking off his running shoes and socks; he left them as far from the pool as he could before following Raptor to the other end. She dived under and shifted forms before rising from the water and causing a huge wave of water to soak him. Raptor shifted again and snickered as Pietro brushed his wet hair from his eyes.

"For someone who can leave everyone in the dust you sure are slow." She taunted.

"You'll eat my waves for that!" Pietro warned playfully as he backed up.

Pietro put on a burst of speed before landing in the water with a large splash, Raptor yelped in shock and he laughed as she wiped dripping water off her face. He went to the end of the pool and waited for her to join him before giving her a challenging smirk.

"You can still back out." He offered.

Raptor glared back. "You'll wish you backed out!"

He waited until she went into her Utahraptor form before swimming off, he stayed in the lead for a bit, admittedly he was surprised considering he couldn't swim like he could run. Then about halfway she started slipping past him, finally showing off her real speed as she plowed through the water with ease. Once at the other end of the pool she turned back and dove under the water, he saw her swim around him before sliding under him and swimming him the rest of the way to the end of the pool. He ran his hands down the flattened metal spikes in her neck, one gap between them from one that had been partially ripped out in the Ultron attack. Pietro slid off her back and Raptor turned human with a triumphant look.

"Who drank who's waves now?" She grinned. "I knew I could swim circles around you."

"Really?" He tried to act threatening as he pinned her between the edge of the pool and him. "So you can see the future now too?"

"I'm just a fast swimmer, that's how I know." She stared back at him unfazed.

Pietro backed away and swam away from the edge, now that his clothing was soaked he may as well swim awhile longer. Raptor followed and partially jumped out of the water to land on his back so he went under the water. He splashed to the surface and watched as she retreated, a glint of mischief in her eyes as she looked for another way to send him under.

"You're going to get it now!" Pietro growled and swam after her.

Raptor gave a shriek as he caught her foot. "Ha, not so fast in human form are you?"

She yelped as he jumped forward and dunked her under the water, holding her there for a few seconds until she squirmed away with a splash. Blinded for a moment he lost sight of her, then a heavy force rammed into his side and a large wave made the water turn rough.

"Hey, don't you kids know not to splash in the pool?" They both turned towards Sam's slightly humorous and slightly grim voice, noticing they had nearly soaked him as they messed around. "Get out, something important has come up."

"I'm not a kid." Pietro muttered and heard Raptor growl in agreement.

He climbed out of the water and put his shoes back on before walking towards the door. Behind him raptor shook the water off her scales before turning human, her t-shirt and shorts still soaking wet. They followed Sam to the lab, Pietro noticed Raptor hesitated before entering the room, until they were with the others who were waiting to hear what Rogers had to say.

Once Steve saw they were all there he spoke. "S.H.I.E.L.D. called, Fury said they were under attack by multiple powerful criminals... when he was about to say who though his voice cut off and the line went dead."

"Has S.H.I.E.L.D. been taken down?" Rhodey asked worriedly.

"I'm afraid Fury has been killed as well." Steve confirmed.

"What do we do now?" Wanda questioned, glancing at Pietro, taking in his dripping form.

"We can't just wait here, we leave for the helicarrier's last known location in five minutes so suit up." With that he walked out of the room.

Just like that the new dark forces rising up to try their luck at destroying the peace had blotted out their nice little break. Pietro heard Raptor sigh before brushing past him lightly; he followed soon after.