Chapter 12

Raptor felt Pietro's lips against hers and quickly kissed him back just as passionately. She could've sworn she had died but if she had then this wouldn't have been happening, Pietro wouldn't be against her as he showed his love and relief she was okay. Finally however, he pulled away, his gaze never leaving her.

"I thought I was going to lose you." He whispered as he tightened his embrace.

Raptor laughed a bit. "No one gets rid of me that easily."

Of course they don't. Not until I get my revenge, only then, when my enemies are in pieces, will I allow myself to 'rest in peace'. Skull escaped my wrath for now but he has no idea what he's just unleashed on himself. Raptor's rage roared in her mind.

"If you're dead how do you plan on getting revenge?" She countered carefully.

You dare challenge me to how my will of strength can overcome my enemies? I would tear out your throat as well if I could for that comment! Raptor growled.

She winced in pain as if the mental fight were causing her physical pain. When Pietro noticed he gave her a concerned look. "Are you sure you are okay?"

"Yeah, of course I am, just a small headache." She shrugged off his concern before nodding to his arm. "I thought it was broken, you healed fast."

Pietro's expression turned uncertain as he moved his arm experimentally. "Yes, it seems I did. I don't know how it happened... It does save time for the team though, yes?"

His smile still hid traces of doubt but Raptor nodded. "Of course it does. It means we can finish off the Red Skull and his allies faster. I'm guessing Steve is coming up with a plan?"

Pietro shrugged. "More or less. It's getting a bit slower now that his friend is here, Bucky, right?"

"Yep. The same one we were searching for..." Raptor sighed. "Let's go see if we can help the others make a plan then. I want those people to pay for what they did to me."

"Is that all you want? It would be nice for this to end but... what if they kill you and you don't come back? What if someone else we care for dies?"

"Do you plan on that happening?" She stood up and tilted her head a bit. "It could, but the Avengers are strong, losing someone would mean we were fighting an enemy much worse... In my opinion at least."

"They shot you in the head and tortured you." Pietro's fury at the villains was clear as he spoke. "I would never put killing us past them so quickly."

"Neither would I but I think they have less of a chance than you think." She walked past him and into the hall. "Come on, let's see what they've got so far."

Pietro hesitated for a moment and fiddled with something in his pocket before nodding and following her. "Last I heard they were just waiting."

"I am not waiting any more. I'll come up with a plan myself if it means finding them and killing those criminals myself." Raptor saw a nervous look in Pietro's eyes and realized she must seem insane. She'd just woken up healed and was only talking about revenge. She gave him an apologetic look. "Before that though, why don't we catch up on some missed free time? If we're planning on waiting for the criminals then why not have fun while doing it? Who knows how much time we have left before that happens."

His eyes widened and his features relaxed a bit as she spoke. "Really? You will wait?"

"Of course." She replied with a small smile. "Do you think we'd have the pool to ourselves again?"

Pietro's form blurred before he was back again a second later. "Yes we do, I'll race you back there."

Raptor shifted forms and gave a light growl of challenge before sprinting off with Pietro beside her as he let her get ahead until the last few halls. She shifted into her human form again with a slight edge of pain before going over to the edge of the pool where Pietro was standing, his jacket and shirt in a pile with his shoes. She smirked before trying to push him into the pool, though she was too slow and tripped past him into the water.

"Ha!" Pietro laughed before jumping in beside her. "Didn't see that coming?"

She shook water from her face with a grin. "I had a small doubt you might do that."

Raptor dove under water and shifted forms again as she swam around, Pietro stayed where he was and she rose to the surface for a moment before diving back down and knocking him under water completely before giving a rumbling laugh as he blinked water from his eyes.

"So you want to play that game again?" He gave her a challenging and humorous look. "Alright."

She swam in circles around him like a shark and let him splash her with water a few times when she came up for air before knocking a wave of water at him and catching him as he sank deeper. Raptor felt his arms wrap around her neck as she swam back to the surface. Contentment settle in her as they continued to swim, this had been the right decision, for now she could put aside the necessity to kill Red Skull and have a bit of fun... At least until someone showed to interrupt them.