Chapter Eight

A/N: Hey! I've been out for awhile but I am back...! Lolz...Hoping you guys are ok... Anyways,please note that every place you come across here on end is completely fictional,except mentions of countries. If the places you encounter in this book have any similarities to a place you know or where you live then it is totally coincidental. Oh,I don't know how to add a cast from a cellphone... Can you even add it via cell phone? If you know how,please inform me here or inbox.

This chapter is dedicated to @CeceCooper911!
She's amazing!

***
Ash and a gray sea of smoke pickle the atmosphere. I stand infront of the academy; the ghost of the academy I once knew. I don't know why I'm here or how it became this; a place I could call 'home' reduced to a grave of brick rubble. Out of the thick smoke a figure forms,then another,then another. I am completely surrounded by the anonymous creatures. They make no move towards me and I make no move to run. I know I should but I don't. A slight movement in the smoke gets my attention. The figures are moving towards me slowly,their shadowy hands extended as to grab something---to grab me. I want to scream but my mouth becomes cowardice.

Figures become faces.

Faces I know.

Faces I knew.

Faces I don't wish to see.

Faces I thought I would never see again.

I will the parched earth to swallow me whole but it stubbornly resists,submitting me to my torture.

The faces are all contorted and leaning to one side, with sickening smiles plastered across them.

I see Clay,my sperm donor.

Why is he here?

And Anna, my egg donor.

Why is she here?

Then aunt Rosa..

I choke up a sob.

They're closer now,their hands inches away from my body. Their skeletons of fingers grab me and pull me down. Their stark white eyes bore holes into my soul,condemning me to an eternity of sorrow.

"Aeja..."

Stop calling me! I scream as their hands roam over my body.

"Aeja!"

Shut up! I cover my ears.

"Aeja!"

My eyes flew open to catch dancing rays of sunlight slithering through the trees and a pair of worried brown eyes staring down at me.

"Cade..." I mumbled.

"Yeah... Are you ok?"

" I don't know," I answered and painfully sat up from the leaf-covered earth; evidence of the oncoming winter.

"Where's everyone?"

"At a small stream near here." He handed me a bottle of water.

"Oh." I lifted the water bottle to my lips,vwondering why they needed a stream when the Electi was a water user.

I had a massive headache and the incision on my arm didn't help one bit. I tried my best to inch the wound away from Cade's peripheral but he noticed it anyways.

"Aeja you're hurt." He frowned and inspected my arm, careful not to touch the swollen areas.

"Its not a big deal Cade."