8

Perrie

"She's yours?"

"Amie, why don't you go get dressed and we can go to the park today?" I said, lifting the little girl off of my lap. She nodded and ran off into her bedroom.

"She's your child?" Zayn reiterated.

"Zayn, I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you but I didn't know how" I said, as Zayn stood up and paced the room.

"How about, Zayn, Amie isn't my sister, she's my daughter!" Zayn got annoyed. "How did you get Amie to keep this a secret? Little children always say things they shouldn't."

"She doesn't know" I sighed, looking down at the floor.

"She thinks her mother, is her sister?! Are you kidding me right now Perrie?!" Zayn raised his voice a little.

"Be quiet! I did it for her protection. I'm a screw up! I'm not fit to be a mother and it's best for her if she thinks I'm her sister!" I began crying.

"Perrie you can't lie to her like this! She needs to know that you are her mother, sooner rather than later" Zayn sighed. "You are her mother. She needs a mother."

"Trust me, I know that! It hurts when she calls me Perrie rather than mum, it hurts inside! But I don't deserve a child. She wasn't planned, she came from a 'let's risk it' while I was earning money having sex with some sleezy guy. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change her for the world, or the fact that she was born, but it's best for her not to know. I love her more than anyone in this world and I can't tear her world apart like that" I sobbed.

"Perrie! She already loves you like a daughter loves her mother. Just because she thinks you're her sister, you have been her mother since the day she was born, and I trust that your relationship with her will only grow stronger once she knows" Zayn said, crouching down in front of me. "You need to tell her Perrie."

"Tell me what?" Amie said, walking out of her bedroom fully dressed and her shoes in her hand. "Perrie, why are you crying?" she said, walking over to me and hugging me. Zayn gave me a look, and I wiped away my tears.

"Amie, we need to talk about something.. important" I said, lifting her into my lap.

***

"Remember how I told you mummy died in a car accident when you were very very little?" I said, and Amie nodded. "Well, truth is, your mummy didn't die, my mummy did, your grandma."

"But we have the same mummy" Amie spoke, puzzled.

"No sweetie, we don't. My mummy, is your grandma. I'm your mummy..."

"You?" Amie looked over at Zayn, before looking back at me. "You're my mummy?" I nodded and almost instantly, I was squeezed by two very strong four year old arms. "I always wished that you were my mummy. My wish came true." I began crying again, this time, happy tears as I kissed my daughters cheek.

"I love you pumpkin, so so much" I whispered in her ear.

"I love you too, mummy" she answered before pecking my lips.

***

"I understand if you want me to leave" I said, walking into the bedroom where Zayn was leaning out of the bedroom window smoking. He looked at me, before chipping out his cigarette butt.

"Perrie, you're not going anywhere" Zayn said, coming over to me and grabbing my waist. "I love you, and I want to be with you, for a very long time." I smiled and Zayn leant forward and kissed me softly. "And I want to help you, with Amie, and maybe one day, future children of our own."

"I love you so much" I whispered, before kissing Zayn again.

A/N - Hey guys, sorry for another short chapter! I kinda rushed this chapter because you all wanted me to update so much haha! Thanks for all your comments and votes it really means a lot! Love yous.