Chapter 45 - Stay With Me

AN: Hey guys! Sorry ngayon lang po nakapag-update. I was supposed to publish this chapter last Sunday but I had a hard time finishing this chapter so it took me another week. Hehe. So, most of you guys said na pagbatiin ko na sila and dapat habulin ni Vice si Karylle...

I hope you guys enjoy this new chapter. :)

WHO'S EXCITED FOR GGV TONIGHT? OMGOMG. I CAN'T WAIT! TEASER PALANG DI KO NA KINAYA PAANO PA KAYA KUNG GGV NA? ASDFGHJKL. UNCUT UNCUT UNCUT! HAHA <3

Chapter 45 – Stay With Me

Vice and Karylle were just talking when their attention diverted to the singer, "This is dedicated to all the broken-hearted people. Hang in there, you'll get through it." The guitarist then began strumming his acoustic guitar.

Do you ever think about me?

Do you ever cry yourself to sleep?

In the middle of the night when you're awake

Are you calling out for me?

Her dark brown eyes met his. She felt her heart clench, tears slowly formed in the corner of her eyes.

Do you ever reminisce?

I can't believe I'm acting like this

Every line of the song felt like a bullet in her heart.

I know it's crazy

How I still can feel your kiss

His heart sank when he saw pain in her eyes. He wanted to wipe the tears that were forming in her eyes but he just couldn't. Knowing that she was still hurting because of what he did is eating him inside. If only he could go back in time...

It's been six months, eight days, twelve hours since you went away

I miss you so much and I don't know what to say

"Karylle..." he placed his hand on top of hers. She was taken aback by his action.

I should be over you

I should know better but it's just not the case

"Karylle..." he said, searching for her eyes to meet his. He reluctantly caressed her cheek.

"I have to go." She said, removing his palm from her cheek. She stood up and left him.

It's been six months, eight days, twelve hours since you went away

He froze on his own seat, barely hearing the music anymore. He shut his eyes and swallowed hard as he felt his heart heavy, his mind struggling whether to run after her. She still had an effect on him. He did what he think was right; he took out his wallet and left a few notes on the table before rushing off the restaurant.

"Karylle!" he called. She was just a few feet away from the restaurant, waiting for a cab which she didn't have any luck on getting. All of the taxis that passed by were either occupied or just didn't see her waving. She quickly wiped away her tears and turned to him.

Vice's heart suddenly sank, he fumbled for words to say. Suddenly, his mind went blank. Karylle just stood there, her eyes puffy from crying. He thought following her was the right thing to do, but when he saw her, it just broke his heart. She was still hurting, and it was because of him. He didn't want to hurt her anymore. He opened his mouth to speak, "Good night." He walked away, leaving Karylle.