some ice

They never meant to fall in love, really. It was a bit blur of a night. Niall was out at the pub with Louis and Liam, his fellow football mates. Because of football, they became best mates. Drinking some shots and a few pints.

As Niall was walking through the crowd, he gets annoyed. Do people have to bump him that hard? So he did what he thought would be great. He just stands there to annoy people back, blocking them. As a smirk was about to show, some stranger's boot heel steps on his toes.

"Holy shit, that hurt." Everything happened so quick, he raises his foot and he bends down a little to grab his foot but a mouth of a bottle hits his head hard that he loses his balance.

"I want to fucking cry." Niall hides his face in his hands. Everything was all going well until he decided to go to the restroom.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." The stranger kneels beside him. Niall puts his hands down and looks at the stranger, ready to flip him off. But no, that doesn't happen. They stare at each other, waiting for someone to speak.

"I'm really sorry-"

"Niall."

"Niall, what a beautiful name for a beautiful boy," Harry thinks.

"Niall, I'm really sorry."

"Never knew my name could sound so beautiful." Niall smiles, as he thinks.

"It's fine." Niall gives him a little smile and Harry's heart quickens.

"I'm Harry, by the way." Niall nods and repeats his name. Harry smiles wider when he does so.

"Let's get some ice on that, yeah?" Harry stands up, helping Niall too.

"Can I go to the restroom? It's sort of the reason why this is all happening, really." Harry chuckles at how cute being Niall is, blushing and timid.

"Okay, I'll be here." Harry grins and holds Niall's fingers lightly. The gesture itself was saying a lot. It's all too much for just one encounter.

Niall comes back in less than 3 minutes. Harry leads him to a stool, right by the bartender.

"Can we get some ice and some towel?" Harry calls out to one of them and he nods, going to the back to get them.

Harry turns to Niall and Niall blushes at how Harry stares at him. "You have really gorgeous eyes, Niall." At that, Niall bites his lip shaking his head. Harry frowns, "Trust me, you are too." Niall smiles at Harry.

"I should be flipping you off for hitting me but here I am getting on with your charm." Niall says with a laugh. Harry chuckles and quietly says, "Can I take a look?" With a timid nod from Niall, Harry leans forward, ever so lightly touching the bruise. His fingers grazing from the side of his forehead, to his eyebrows and to his cheeks.

His fingers caress Niall's cheeks with so much care as they look at each other. It felt like forever but maybe that's what they had wanted. Harry seems like he can't get enough of the blue eyed boy and Niall seems like no one can care for him as much as the curly lad can.

"Sir, here you go." They're both startled as the bartender intrudes. Harry mumbles a small thanks and he returns it with a cheeky wink at the two.

"Wanna do this somewhere quiet?" Niall asks.

"Yeah." Harry smiles as takes the towel and the bucket of ice, heading out at the back where the live bands usually happen, but there wasn't that night. It was only them two under the stars, in a quiet place with a bit of faint music at the back and a whole lot of future together.

- - -

"One more goal and you win. You only have 5 minutes left, team." I listen to coach as I catch my boyfriend's eyes from the other team. He gives me a wink and a smile that still, surprisingly after 4 years, makes me very giddy.

"Horan, you got to kick your boyfriend's ass." He chuckles. We're having these practice games. Almost every team participating on the nationals do some practice games against each other. Coach tiptoes to catch a glimpse of his boyfriend. Yes, Harry's coach.

"Will do, coach!" I smile. Louis smirks and says, "Oh, but he does more than just kicking." Everyone on the huddle cringes, I did too.

"Jesus, Tomlinson. You're disgusting." Coach shakes his head and we erupt into laughters.

"All right, boys! This is your last year." Liam, Louis and I lead the team.

Three minutes into the game, Harry's right by Louis ready to steal the ball. Zayn's on Liam. I gotta kick my boyfriend's ass.

I kick the ball towards Louis. A fast and a hard kick. Just when I see Louis about to catch it, I see Harry running to it, a meter too near to its possible landing, the ball hits near his crotch and i thank God for everything good he's done. I run as fast as I could towards Harry's crouching body.

"Oh my god, babe. I'm so sorry." I try my hardest not to laugh because everything just seemed so funny.

He narrows his eyes at me, holding the area where I hit him. "You're about to laugh, aren't you?" He raises his eyebrow. And I nod, not being able to contain it longer, I laugh. He rolls his eyes, sitting up, "You're lucky I love you."

I grin, "Indeed, I am, Styles." A whistle stops our banter. I stand and I help him up and walk him to his team's bench. A minute left and we're neck and neck. 3-3

"Go on, Horan!" I look at Harry cheering and I see his coach hitting his head a little for supporting another team instead of his. I laugh quietly. Thirty seconds. Louis passes the ball to me and I secure the ball while I'm on the run. This is it. I kick it and the whole stadium hold their breaths.

The buzzer sounds just a second after the ball gets in. Devine missing my goal. The crowd erupts into screams and cheers and I'm up in the air. Louis and Liam carries me, bouncing me up and down. Once they put me down, Harry picks me up spinning me and when he puts me down, he goes for my lips. Breathlessly, we pull away.

"Guess I'm topping tonight, babe?" He chuckles with a nod pulling me in for a hug, in which I return.

"What's up with us hitting each other?" I ask rhetorically.

"God, I love you a lot, Ni." I smile so hard I think I might rip my cheeks.

"I love you a whole lot more, babe." I smile as I lean in for kiss.

"C'mon lovebirds, we're celebrating tonight." Coach says before we pull away. Harry takes a hold of my hand after picking his things up. I walk over to where my things are before walking with my team and coach together with Harry's coach and a few of Harry's teammates.

Right before we get out of the stadium, Harry stops us from getting out. He holds my waist and I hold his too. He noses my jaw, pressing a light kiss. I sigh in content leaning my head on his shoulder. I lightly touch the area where I had hit him accidentally. He sucks in a breath.

"Let's get some ice on that, yeah?" I smirk, remembering how we started. He bites his lip then he kisses me on the cheek.

"You can kiss it better." He shrugs innocently. I pull him out to the parking lot, rolling my eyes.

"Nice try, babe."

- - - - -
A/N: HOW WAS THIS BECAUSE I THINK IT'S OKAY. IDK.

btw thanks for all the votes and comments and all those you guys know who you are and ilyvm

vote comment share take care dont forget to smile lovelies x

send in some prompts if you want to