i quit

Idk man ive always loved this song and i have been planning to make a one shot about this soooo yah. hope you enjoy it!

i quit by the click five
________________________

I wrap my body with the blanket in my and Harry's couch, with my little plush puppy tucked under my underarm. Me gramma gave it to me so he have every reason and right to cuddle it even at 25. I flick through boring channels as I stop at MTV.

Clicking my home button, I see it was already 11:42. Maybe a little more of waiting won't do any harm?

Fluttering my eyes, I'm awoken as I hear a knock on the door. Before standing up, I watch the time - 2:30 am. Brilliant.

Tiringly walking to the front door, I throw Dodo at the couch and reach for the knob. Once I open it, I see Harry sitting on the porch, his head hung low between his legs.

"Harry." I refuse to get angry.

"Harry, get up." He looks up at me slowly before looking down again as he pushes himself up. I take a deep breath, don't.

I walk my way inside with him behind me.

"Ni-"

"Please sleep on the couch, Harry." I whisper before I slowly walk to our room, grabbing a blanket and a pillow for him.

"Niall, lis-" Harry slurs a little right outside our room. It pains me to look at him. Why does he need to drink his ass off? Get high with his friends? He doesn't listen to me anymore. I mean I leave it at that sometimes but it hurts a lot. It's like he doesn't even want me anymore.

"Harry. Please." I hand him the blanket and the pillow. He reluctantly takes a grab for it and when he does, he steps closer placing a kiss on my forehead.

"Sorry." He whispers before I slowly shut the door of our room.

- - -

Niall wakes up a few hours later with a frown when he realizes he wasn't cuddling anyone. Meanwhile, Harry was outside the door, playing with Dodo, he was waiting for Niall to come out of his room. He smiles at the thought of Niall and the little brown plush puppy but frowns when he hears sniffs.

He pushes his ears to the door and listens to his boyfriend.

"God, five fucking years. I don't want to leave him but I'm scared I would. I'm so so so fucking scared. I might if he continues this shit he puts up with. I love him so much but-" Harry winces at how he listens to Niall's voice crack. He places his forehead on the door, feeling hopeless and scared that Niall will leave him.

"He's suffocating me." Harry feels a tear drop on his lap then looks at Dodo then kissing it. "I'm sorry."

Niall continues to weep a little as Harry runs to the kitchen making Niall's favorite breakfast meal. Three pancakes, two hungarian sausages, scrambled eggs and melons. With a cup of coffee, extra cream and sugar.

After setting them up, Harry goes out to the garden as he picks out fresh flowers that Maura had taught him how to grow them. He looks at the tray, smiling to himself although he's very nervous.

He makes his way up to their bedroom, crouching carefully as he picks Dodo up and opens the door slowly. He can see Niall's eyelashes moving, meaning he's awake.

"Babe?" Harry calls out warily. Niall shifts a little before peeking out of the blanket and smiles a little. Harry knows how Niall doesn't like to fight. How he'd rather just be quiet. He's like a time bomb.

Niall sits up as he raises an eyebrow at Harry. Harry blushes and walks timidly over to Niall.

"I made breakfast." Harry says with a small smile on his face. Niall chuckles, grabbing the tray from Harry, slowly setting them down. Harry sits down beside Niall as Niall looks at the tray. He grabs the flowers, smelling them and sighing in content. Harry places a hand on Niall's thigh smiling fondly at the blond man smelling and admiring the flowers he grew himself.

Niall grabs Harry's chin softly, leaning in to place a tender kiss on the younger boy's lips. Harry then moves closer taking Niall's cheeks in his hands. His lips start to quiver and he pulls away but touches their foreheads together.

Niall frowns and wipes Harry's tears away.

"Ha-"

"I'm so scared. I'm sorry, Niall. I'm so sorry." Harry hiccups. "I don't deserve you. I've been treating you like shit yet here you are. Niall I'm so so so sorry. I love you, I hope you know that. Because I know I do and I really mean it, Ni." Niall smiles and leans in to kiss Harry's lips and nose then cheeks and lastly, his forehead.

"I-I can't leave you. I don't think I c-can. I love you, Harry."

- - -
Two months later...

Waking up, I realize I was alone in bed. Once again. Of course he'd do this.

"Oh the joy." I mutter. I shuffle the blankets off me to go to the kitchen to grab some breakfast. Before that though, I walk to the bathroom, brushing my teeth and my face. As I'm about to open the knob, Harry comes in carrying a tray in between his hands.

I'm speechless. I feel like I could cry. I gape at him and I see his eyes widen. He places the tray on the side table before running over to me. He engulfs me in a tight hug and I wrap my arms around him as tightly as he was holding me.

"Baby, why are you crying?" I sob louder, I don't care if I embarrass myself. Harry will still love me anyway. I hold him tighter, my face on his shoulder as he rubs his hands on my back and kisses me head.

"I don't- I thought - Har-"

I feel his mouth turn to a smile on top of my head, "Hey, love. Breathe." I nod and I breathe as he said.

"I just, I just miss you, babe." I whisper shakingly.

"I'm not going anywhere, Ni." Harry lets me go but hold my hands nonetheless. I look away, he'd see me cry.

"Look, I'd do anything not to fuck us up. Even if it means taking you to every sports competition there is. Don't be afraid anymore, Ni. I'll be here. I'm always here. I've quit all those shit up. I'm not-no- never going to give you up." Harry smiles at me before leaning down to leave a soft, lingering peck on my lips.

I smile as he does too, pecking my cheek. "Breakfast, then lazy day?" I ask.

"Deal." He seals with a kiss.

_____________________

IM SORRY I HAVENT BEEN UPDATING BC LIKE SO MUCH HAS BEEN GOING ON IT'S FUCKING STRESSING ME OUT BUT I DECIDED THAT I DIDNT NEED ASSHOLES TREATING ME LIKE THEY WERE ANYMORE SO I CUT THE LINE. IM ALL GOOD.

i hope you are too 💕

btw, we got our volleyball game schedule and first game is on september 27th, god bless us.

vote. comment. share.

p.s. narry above is so beaut