Chapter 12

After I got home that day, I wanted to send Mark a text saying sorry but I didn't really know if that was enough. After leaving him off in the cafe with him thinking that I was in some kind of relationship with L.Joe, I didn't really know what to say. As for the jerk who ruined my date with Mark, I didn't go out the whole Sunday just to avoid seeing his face.

Even if Ms. Rogers stopped by that day and asked me if I could come and help her fix some things for her fundraising event, I didn't go out since I had a feeling that she also asked L.Joe to help her out.

And today is finally Monday, meaning to say, I'll get to see that jerk's face again and I need to apologize to Mark and clear up the whole misunderstand between me and L.Joe.

I sighed as I thought of today, I would be seeing Mark and I don't really know how to face him, I was really hoping that I wouldn't get to see him today but I doubt that will happen.

I walked out of my house to go to school when I spotted L.Joe also just leaving his house at the same time as I did. As soon I saw him, the anger that I've felt that Saturday came rushing back and I had this urge to punch him in the face but good thing I managed to calm myself down.

He turned around finally seeing me in the hallway, our eyes locked for a moment before I turned and left cause I didn't really want to see him either cause I would just scream and shout at his face if I stayed and I didn't really want him to talk to me or say something to me.

As I was walking to school, I had a feeling that he was just a few meters away from me but I was thankful that he gave me some space and didn't bother going close to me or talk to me.

"Hey Stace! Oh my gosh! Tell me all about your date with Mark last Saturday!" Hannah shouted excitedly as she sat down beside me during lunch time.

I looked up to her and her smile quickly turned into a thin line, "What's wrong? Did something happen?"

I didn't give her an exact answer and just sighed as I rested my head on table with my arms wrapped around my face. "What happened?" She asked again.

"I don't know what to say to him.. After leaving him alone in the cafe and not even saying sorry or a bye. I feel bad and I don't know how to face him, especially now that he thinks I'm in a relationship with L.Joe." I said still rested on the table, burying my face more into my cardigan.

"What do you mean? Did something during your date with Mark?" She asked worriedly.

"Well... L.Joe was there and Mark thought that we were dating.. and then I got mad at L.Joe and left.."

"Yah!" She slapped my arm causing me to jolt up and hissed in pain.

"What was that for?"

"Are you stupid or something? You should've went back and told Mark that he isn't your boyfriend." She sighed as she looked at me helplessly.

"But doesn't it bother you?" She suddenly asked, making me confused since I didn't get her question.

"What?"

"The fact that L.Joe told you to stop liking Mark and even went to your date with him!" She said with excitement in her voice but I still didn't seem to get what she was trying to say. "I mean, how can you not see? L.Joe likes you."

"Ummm, how do you know? Did he confess to you or something?" I looked up at her.

"No.. but-"

"Uh huh. Sure. L.Joe likes me." I sarcastically said as I rolled my eyes.

"But if you think about it, what could be the other reason why he would ask you to stop liking Mark aside from him liking you?" She argued. "There seems to be none."