Chapter 14

"Okay.. Seriously I'm starting to get creeped out here with you smiling for no apparent reason every 10 seconds. Spill it."

We were sitting down on a bench just a few meters away from the soccer field, yes, it was our sort of refreshment, looking at hot soccer players as they run around the field and drowned themselves on their water bottles because of the scorching heat.

I turned to Hannah as I tried to bite down the smile that's forming on my lips once again. "Spill it. Is this a Mark thing or a L.Joe thing? Or did you find another boy on the soccer team to crush over on?"

I quickly frowned as soon as she brought his name up and she quickly got the clue as soon as she saw my face, "Okay definitely not L.Joe thing."

"Mark invited me to this dance competition happening later tonight." I said in excitement as my hands started doing this flappy flappy hand gestures, that even I can't even make out what I'm trying to do.

"That's cool? I guess? Well since you love to dance I guess that's a wonderful place to take you on a date. I guess Mark's not that much of a romantic type."

"It's not a date." I emphasized. "He's competing. He asked me to watch him compete. Oh and don't you dare insult him you little-"

"Hold your horses mama donkey, I never insulted him. But- Ohmygosh. Are you two like a thing now? I can't believe you two are already in this stage why didn't you tell me what the hell Stacy am I really your best friend this news is like-"

"What are you saying Hannah, I haven't even confessed to him yet. I don't even know if he likes me or if he just sees me as a friend. We are so not in that stage." I frowned.

"What? But he asked you to go watch him compete. It's like saying, 'Come watch me because if I know you are watching in the crowd, it will give me courage' that sort of thing."

"No."

"Believe me, you two are so in that stage already. Trust this girl cause her intuition in dating is always right plus she got dating experience." She proudly pointed at herself with a smile.

"Well, that girl got her heart broken every single time because of her intuitions that is probably why she doesn't have a stable boyfriend until now."

"Ouch. Way to hurt my already broken heart." She touched her heart and started doing some weird hand gestures showing how much her heart is hurt.

"I think you should sign up in the drama club, you'll make a good Juliet." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Oh Romeo Romeo!" She started but before she could even be more dramatic, I cut her off.

"So, do you want to come along?" I asked, hoping that she would say no.

Hannah diverted her attention from me, her eyes fixed on something else or should I say someone else. I turned to look at the direction that she was looking at and found one of the soccer hotties was looking our way while soaking his self with his water bottle. She suddenly grabbed her book out and pretended to read, completely ignoring my question.

"What are you doing?"

"Soccer Hottie 101 3 o'clock."

"So you're pretending to be smart?"

"Well, you never know if he needs a tutor," she winked at me. "A smart and hot one if I may add."