Chapter 10

The bell finally rang, marking that it's already the end of the period.

"So, since the class is over. I will be now giving you back your exams papers." Mr. Pua announced as he grabbed a pile of papers out of his bag and waved it for us to see.

"A lot of you passed." He said causing everyone to cheer in happiness.

He then grinned and continued, "But a lot of you also failed." Which made everyone fall back to their seats in sorrow.

I clasped my hands together and started hoping to get a really good grade in the exam. I opened my eyes and found L.Joe rolling his eyes and scoffing at me. I quickly gave him a death glare and focused back on Mr. Pua.

He then started calling us one by one to receive our papers.

"Jason Chen." He called out and Jason stood up to receive his paper.

"68." Mr. Pua announced causing everyone to laugh since it's his 4th 68 in a row.

Jason rubbed the back of his neck as he went out of the room with his paper, feeling embarrassed.

"Stacy Choi." Mr. Pua called as he eyed me suspiciously, as if I'm hiding something.

I stood up from my seat and as I walked to grab my paper, I closed my eyes and hoping that I passed. I can't let myself receive another failing mark. I didn't want Mark to think that I'm really dumb and I really wanted to impress him.

"93." Mr. Pua announced. My eyes widened as I heard that.

"Really?" I asked happily and grabbed the paper from Mr. Pua's hand.

I looked at my paper and yes, there was it. A 93 written at the top of my paper. This was the first time in my entire life that I received a 93 in math.

"Asa!" I made a fist pump in the air and quickly ran out of the classroom to look for that certain someone.

I ran down the hallway causing some faculty members to get mad but like hell I care. All I wanted to do was show him that I got a good grade and it was all thanks to him.

"Hey Stace! What's up with you?" Hannah asked with a raised eyebrow as she saw me running down the hallways.

"Oh hey! By chance, have you seen Mark?" I stopped running and asked her.

"Mark? I think I just saw him went that way." Hannah said and pointed down the hallway.

"Really? Thanks." I told her.

"What do-" Before she could even finish her sentence, I ran off again. "Yah!" I heard her yell.

I spotted Mark alone by his locker and I quickly smiled. I quickly ran up to him and hugged him. I looked up at him and shock was written all over his face. "What the." I heard him say.

I quickly let go and faced him with a huge smile plastered on my face. He gave me a questioning look and I quickly showed him my exam paper.

I bit my bottom lip nervously and waited for his reply.

"I got a really high grade thanks to you." I told him.

"Yeah, you did." He put down the paper and I could finally see his reaction. He was smiling like there's no tomorrow and I couldn't help but feel weak all over again.

"I'm so proud of you." He said and ruffled my hair.

"Um Mark, are you free this Saturday?" I asked as I started fidgeting with the hem of my shirt.

"This Saturday? I don't think I have any plans, why?"

"Um you know. I was just wondering if you could go out with me.. I mean, not as a date but I want to treat you to something since I really want to thank you for helping me out." I said and looked down on my shoes.