Oh! Sweet Nuthin'.

The sun filtered through the curtains, announcing the arrival of dawn. I sighed in comfort as I rolled over and wrapped my arms around Jane's petite body and pulled her in closer to me. She was warm and smelled of honey and lavender. I let my lips travel down the soft skin of her neck, waking her from her sleep.

"Good morning, beautiful." I whispered into her ear, then nibbled on her earlobe. She giggled and turned to face me. Our lips met instantly in a heated kiss. We continued to kiss passionately, our bodies yearning for more. I positioned myself on top of her, kissing a trail down from her mouth to her navel.

I could feel her squirm with delight as she let out a soft moan. I continued my way down when suddenly her moans became gasps for air. I looked up at her in panic. She began vomit profusely. I wanted to turn her onto her side, but I was frozen with fear. She was choking and there was nothing I could do! Nothing...

I awoke in a start, my body covered in a cold sweat. "Jane!" I searched the scattered sheets around me in a stupor, but there was no one there. Of course no one is here, Jane's home and safe.
I sigh in relief as I grab my phone from the stand next to the bed, knocking over a day old glass of milk and sending it sprawling all over my rug.

"Fuck!" I mumbled, climbing out of bed and grabbing a towel from the dirty laundry hamper, sopped up the sour mess. I throw the towel back onto the ever-growing pile of dirty laundry and take a look at my phone.

One text message, from Jane. Have a good night. Hope to see you soon. I smiled as all of the fears from my nightmare evaporated away. I reply to her, Hey, do you want to meet up? I then hurry to shower and throw on some clothes, anticipating her arrival.

Showered, dressed, I decide to kick back at smoke a bit as she makes her way over. I roll a joint, then another, which is double the size of the first. I put the first one to my lips and light in, inhaling the sweet smoke deep into my lungs. I then place the larger one inside my pack of smokes, for a little toke later.

That's when it hits me...and there's a knock on the door.