Chapter #11

" NYLA! WAKE UP!" Someone kept yelling at me.

" Nyla, wake up. Please." It was a males voice.

" NYLA!" I felt something on my face and pinching my nose, while something else was covering my mouth. It felt like a bunch of air was trying to force its way into my lungs. But the water wouldn't let it, I'm not even sure of I was breathing. It felt like something was hitting me against the face, but not forcefully, lightly.

I tried to open my eyes but I just couldn't, it felt like there were two solid gold coins, one in each eye.

Nash's P.O.V

I was on my phone, looking up every now and then to make sure no one was drowning. And to check on Nyla, but this time she wasn't at the chair she was at earlier. My guess was that she went to the bathroom. So I turn my attention back to my phone.

A couple minutes went by and I hear yelling and laughing. I look up and see three guys running by the pool.

I blew the whistle that was hanging around my neck." HEY! NO RUNNING!"

And from the corner of my eye I see a bunch of rapid movement in the water. I turn my head fully towards the movement and see a bunch of bubbles. The boys that were running earlier probably knocked someone into the pool. I waited for the person to come up from under the water...but they never did. In fact their arms were flinging everywhere..now I was started to get scared. I waited a couple more seconds...nothing.

" Hey lifeguard,I think someone is drowning." Some guy yelled up to me.

Wait where's Nyla? I looked over to her chair,she wasn't there,then looked over to the bathroom...she never came out. OH MY GOSH!!! Nyla was the person in the water. I sat my phone in the chair and dove into the water and swam as fast as I could. A second before I finally made to her the movement stopped.

Oh God. I scoop her up in my arms and swim to the side of the pool.

" Get her out of the water." I told a couple of guys standing there and they help her out of the water. She was unconscious and way out of it. I climbed out towards her.

I placed my head against her chest...she wasn't breathing and there wasn't a pulse." Someone call an ambulance! "

I did CPR on h but nothing was working.

" The ambulance is on it's way, they'll be here in about five minutes." A lady told me.

   In the mean time I attempted two more times before the ambulance got here, but she still wouldn't wake up.

   The ambulance finally showed up and hauled her onto the stretcher and started wheeling her out of the building.

Cameron's P.O.V.

   There wasn't much going on in the gym, plus there wasn't a lot of people here today. But it wad still boring just sitting here watching everyone else have fun. Good thing it was almost me and Nash's break.
   I wonder how Nyla is doing, probably bored as hell. I don't blame her.
   Out the window I saw flashy, red lights, and an ambulance. Some little kid probably thought they could swim in the deep end again.

    From were I was sitting I could see inside the pool area. But I couldn't see much, other than a huge crowd of people. A guy who was in the pool area had just walked into the gym.

   " Hey what happened over there?"
   "Uh some girl almost drowned."
   "Is she okay?" I start panicking a little as soon as he said girl.

" I'm not sure, she won't wake up." I am freaking out.

" What does she look like? "

" Light brown, wavy hair, and a nice tan." In a second I was up on my feet, he had just described Nyla.

I ran into the pool area to find Nash. He was over at the beach chairs grabbing Nyla's bag.

" NASH! WHERE'S NYLA?"
I ask anxiously.

" She's in an ambulance on her way to the hospital."

" What happened? "

" A couple off guys were running by the pool at the same time Nyla was walking and accidentally knocked her into the pool."

" Is she okay? " I asked, my hands starting to shake.

" She won't wake up."

" I'm gonna ride with her to the hospital."

" I'll meet you there." Nash said.

I ran towards the ambulance and climbed in the back. Nash ran towards me with Nyla's bag and handed it to me. In return I have him my car keys. And the doors  we closed and we left towards the hospital.

I grabbed a hold of Nyla's  hand. " I'm sorry." A tear slowly ran down my cheek.

Nash's P.O.V

I grabbed Nyla's bag that was sitting next to the chair she was in only minutes ago. And I was about to follow Nyla in the stretcher. When I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see Cameron.

" NASH! Where's Nyla? " He asked very anxiously.

" Sh-she's in an ambulance, on her way to the hospital." I said calmly.

" What happened? "

I inhaled a deep breath before speaking." A couple of guys were running by the pool at the same time Nyla was walking. And....they accidentally knocked jet into the pool."

" Is she okay? "

" She won't wake up." It could have been the lighting but I was sure Cameron's  eyes started to water.

"I'm gonna ride with her to the hospital."

" I'll meet you there." I said and Cameron climbed into the back of the ambulance. As he got in,I handed him Nyla's bag,and in exchange Cameron gave me his car keys. After he gave me the keys the doors were closed.

I ran back into the building to grab my stuff and wad on my way out, when I was stopped by Evan.

Evan was my manager or supervisor.

" Where do you think you're going? " Also the guy was a prick.

" I have to go, now." I said trying to go around him.

" No, you have to work, now. You're still in the clock."

" I have to leave, someone I know got hurt."

" Someone getting hurt does not concern your presence."

" You don't understand." I'm trying to stay calm but he is making this extremely hard.

" No,I do understand. I understand that if you don't get back to the pool, you're fired."

" You can't fire me!" I say back.

" Oh. But I can." He smiled.

NO! You can't...because I quit."

" We-well you can tell Cameron he's fired."

" Whatever." I pushed past him and exited the building. And started walking towards Cameron's car.

I got in the car, put my stuff in the passenger seat, and took out my phone. And dialed Matt's
number, it started ringing, so I put out on speaker.

After the third ring he picked up.

" Hello?" Matt spoke through the receiver.

" Uh-hey it's Nash, I need you to meet me at the hospital as soon as possible."

" Why? What happened? " He sounded panicked.

" I'll tell you when you get here. Call the other guys. HURRY! " I hung up the phone and started the car, then pulled out of the parking lot.

I drive to my house to change out of myself twin trunks. after I change the head to the hospital.