3: Four eyes

"Alright Paisley, can you stand at the blue line, cover one eye with your hand and read these letters for me?" my eye doctor asked. I listed the letters until I couldn't tell which was which. They were just blurry black dots. My doctor looked at my eyes again before telling my mom and I to sit in the waiting room. After a while she called us back in. "It looks like you've got astigmatism, Paisley. You're going to need glasses."

Once I had picked out my glasses, they were light pink, my mom took me out for lunch. "Everyone's going to think I'm a freak. No one will want to be my friend." I complained. "That's not true. Your friends will still hang out with you and I know Calum wouldn't stop being your friend just because you have to wear a pair of glasses," my mom said, "Plus, your dad and I both wear glasses, and we still have friends." I knew she was trying to raise my spirits but it was different for them, they were adults and I was ten. "You know, I got my glasses when I was in fifth grade, that's only one grade higher than you are now. It will be fine, Paisley." my mom really was not good at cheering me up.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Calum, you know everyone will make fun of me." Calum had met me at the park a few minutes after I had gotten home from the eye doctor. "No they won't. And if they do they'll have to go through me." Calum jumped off of his swing as soon as he finished his sentence. I don't know how everyone was so sure it was going to be okay, I didn't think so. "Well, when do I get to see the new glasses?" Calum wiggled his eyebrows at me. "A few weeks I guess. They have to order them and send them to me. Only a few more weeks of freedom." I sighed. "Paisley, you will look just fine. There is no difference other than you have something helping you see," he threw his hands into the air, "it won't change the way you look or act so no one will care." he shrugged his shoulders. Maybe Calum and my mom were right, I guess I could only wait and find out when I got my glasses.

A few weeks later when my glasses came in the mail the first thing I did was run next door to show Calum. I pressed my knuckles against their white door repeatedly in the pattern that Calum and I had come up with. "Hello, Paisley. Nice glasses!" David, Calum's dad greeted me at the door. I thanked him and ran up to Calum's room. "Don't laugh, okay?" I said before entering his room. I found Calum laying belly down on his bed playing a video game. He twisted his body so that he could see me as I walked into his room. "Paisley you look great!" Calum complimented, "Everyone is going to love your glasses. And they're even your favorite color." he sat up in his bed as I sat down beside him. "You really like them?" a smile blooming from my lips. "Of course I do. Do you mind if I try them on?" he giggled. I took them off and placed them on his face. "I don't think pink is your color." I giggled at him. "Geez, you really can't see anything with these. Are you sure they help you see?" Calum joked. He was always there to lighten the mood and make me feel better.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*Author's note*

Sorry it's so short. They will start to become longer and more interesting as the chapters go on, these are mostly just background information.

Hope you liked it!

~ M & B