7: First Day

Today is the day first day of high school, time to be serious and have fun. After scrolling through my phone at notifications that I had missed over night, I finally got out of bed and went into the bathroom. After showering and brushing my hair and teeth and putting on my contacts, I looked at my hair deciding on putting it up in a bun since it's warm out still. I went back into my room to finish getting ready. I put on some foundation and powder (because your girl has to stay matte) also putting some mascara on my eyelashes and a thin line of eyeliner on my eyelids, not attempting to wing it because honestly that takes some serious skills (I don't know how Zara does it all the time). I then headed to my closet to pick out my outfit for the day, trying not to look like I tried too hard. I decided on a white tank top and some light jeans with rips on the knees and some lavender converse. I looked in the mirror but something was missing, I went to look for the necklace that Calum had got me from his vacation. Finally happy with me appearance I went downstairs to eat breakfast. "Good morning sweetheart, did you sleep well?" My mother greeted me. "Good morning mom, yeah I did how did you sleep?" I smiled at her. "I slept well, are you ready for your first day of high school?" My mom asked. "I guess.. I'm honesty scared because it's a new place and new teachers, but hopefully it won't be so bad." I told her. "Don't worry Paisley, it will all be fine. Do you have any classes with Calum?" She said passing me a bowl of cereal. "Thanks and yeah I have a couple of class with him." I said eating my cereal. "What about with the other girls?"she questioned. "Yeah I have some with them too." I said with my mouth full. My phone then began to vibrate in my pocket. "Oh it's Calum, I have to go bye mom." I said getting my bag and hugging my mom good bye. "Bye sweetheart, have fun I love you." She said. "I love you too, bye mom" I smiled leaving the house. "Hey Pais." Calum smiled at me. "Hi Cal." I smiled back at him. " Are you ready?" He asked. " Yeah I am. How are you not nervous?" I asked him seeing how calm he is. "I honestly am, I'm just more tired because it's so early." He said starting our walk to school. 

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧  

"Yo Paisel, Calum!" Zara greeted us in her cheerleading uniform. "Hey Zar." Calum smiled at her. "Why are you so pumped Zarry? You do know we're at school right?" I said looking at her worried, she's usually not this happy about school. "Yeah I know, but coach said I have to look happy in uniform and I'm kinda nervous." She said smiling nervously. "Why are you nervous?" Calum asked her. "Well we're performing a dance in front of everyone." She said wiping her hands on her skirt. "Don't worry your going to be fine." I said trying to make her less nervous."Well I'm not really worried about the performance, I'm just scared to be in front of people I don't know." Zara said looking more nervous now. "Don't sweat it Zar, you're going to do fine and just look for us we will be there cheering for you. Don't pay attention to anyone else and do your thing." Calum said to Zara. "Oh and don't forget your routine." I added. "Awh thanks guys I can always count on both of you." Zara said pulling us in for a hug. We then heard the bell ring, meaning it was time for our first class which for me was English. "Ready for English class?" Calum asked me. I nodded walking with him to our class, thank God we had our first class together. "See you guys in P.E." Zara said before she disappeared in the crowd of students making their way to class.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧  

First, second and third period went by pretty fast. All we did was talk about rules and what we will learn during this school year.P.E. is my next class and is also the only class I have with both Calum and Zara. "Hey Paisel." Zara greeted me when I got to the gym. "Hey Zarry." I said as we sat on the bleachers of the gym. "Hello girls." Calum said sitting down with us. "Hi Cal." I said, Zara just smiled at him. The gym teacher soon entered the gym, lecturing us all about fitness and health. "Alright you guys have 20 minutes of free time." The gym teacher said blowing his whistle after, which honestly wasn't very necessary. "Alright. Do you guys want to play a bit of soccer or basketball?" Calum asked us. "Soccer please, I'm not trying to get hit in the head with a basket ball." Zara said. I laughed and went to get a soccer ball form the bin. I kicked the ball over to Calum. "So how was your guys classes?" Calum asked us. "They were alright, just regular classes." I said. "Yeah but they went by pretty fast." Zara said. Calum nodded agreeing. We continued kicking the ball, Calum telling Zara about the time when we were younger and our moms took us to the beach and I accidentally got a huge gulp of water and asking why someone put so much salt in the ocean. Zara and Calum were laughing so hard they had to stop kicking the ball. The bell then rang signaling that class was over, I put the ball away and we headed to lunch together. We met up with the rest of the girls after getting our lunch and sitting together at a table."Hey Pais, I'm gonna go sit with Ryder and try to make some guy friends alright?" Calum said."Okay see you at the assembly Cal." I said smiling at him.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧  

Calum and I were now walking to the Gym for the assembly. We found a place to sit on the freshmen side, in the front so Zara could see us. The principle soon came out congratulating us for making it through the first day, then she announced the schools cheer team. Zara came out and they began their routine. The assembly soon ended and we were dismissed for the day. Calum and I went to go look for Zara. "ZARA!" We both yelled, she turned around and ran to hug us. "You did amazing Zarry!" I said smiling at her. "Yeah you were great Zar." Calum said scratching the back of his neck smiling at Zara. "Thanks guys that means a lot."Zara said hugging us again.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧  

"Okay one word to sum up your first day. GO!" Calum said, as we walked home from school. "Average." I said. "I wasn't expecting that but okay, why?" He asked. "Well it felt like a average school day nothing different really happened other than having different classes." I said "What about you, what word sums up your first day?" I asked him. "Hmm.." He thought for a bit. "Today was average." He smiled at me. I stuck my tongue at him, he did the same and we laughed. We then arrived at our houses. "Wanna play some Mario Kart Cal?" I asked him. "Hell yeah!" he said running into my house.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧  

*Author's Note*

Hey guys!

We hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, this chapter was a bit longer so YAY!

Please vote and comment your thoughts. 

~ M & B

BTW the whole ocean and salt thing did really happen when I was younger whoops! -B