4: Brace Face

"Okay Paisley we're going to put this paste in your mouth so we can get a mold of how your teeth look before the braces, its going to feel like its going down your throat but its not okay?" I nodded nervously, I was about to get braces. I already had glasses and now I was going to have braces. I'm going to be the biggest dork in the sixth grade. "Mom I really don't want to get braces, do I have to?" I asked. "Yes Paisley, just think about how pretty and straight your teeth are going to be." My mom said. "Alright, are you ready Paisley?" the orthodontist asked, "I guess." I nervously replied.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Today's the day I get my braces and the day become the biggest dork in the sixth grade. "Are you ready Paisley?" My orthodontist asked. "I'm a little nervous." I said as I rubbed my sweaty palms down the thighs of my light blue jeans. "Don't worry the process only takes an hour or less and it won't hurt, you're going to be fine." She gave me a warm smile that made me feel a little better. "Take a seat darling I'll be right back, I just need to get some forms for your mother and my supplies. What color would you like your braces hon?" My orthodontist smiled over at me. "Um, can they be blue please?" I asked. "Sure thing sweetheart, I'll be right back." She nodded her head and left the room leaving me and my mom alone. "Mom I'm nervous, people are definitely not going to want to be my friend. First I need glasses and now braces, they're going to think I'm such a loser." I said looking at the floor sadly. "Oh Paisley, people are still going to want to be your friend and everyone treated you the same when you first got your glasses. Nothing is going to change, you will always have me, your dad and Calum. Everything is going to be fine Paisley; don't worry about it. Plus you're going to have some amazing straight teeth after this." My mom said. I thanked her for her words of encouragement. "Okay Paisley are you ready?" My orthodontist asked. I nodded my head. "I will be outside the whole time. If you need me just yell and I'll see you after okay?" My mom said. "Okay, Ill see you in a bit." I hugged her and she left the room. "Alright Paisley lets get started!"

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

After my appointment my mom and I went to the store to get some soup, because my mouth was a bit sore my orthodontist suggested that i eat soft food until the soreness goes away. As soon as i got home a ate my soup and took a nap feeling tired from waking up early for my appointment, nobody likes to get up really early on a Friday morning. When I woke up from my nap, i got up and went to the living room to watch some Spongebob Squarepants. As soon as i got comfortable there was a knock on the door I got up to go answer the door. "Hi Paisley!" Calum said looking excited. "Hey Calum" I said with a closed mouth smile. "C'mon Pais, let me see your cool braces." Calum said excitedly. I looked at him confused. "Pais..?" i asked him. "Yeah its your cool new nickname that only I can call you." He explained smiling. "Okay , I like it!" I smiled with another closed mouth. "Cool! Now can I see your braces?" I smiled widely at him showing him my new braces. "Woah! They are so cool! Wow I wish I had braces!" Calum said looking amazed. "Thanks Calum but, I don't think you would want braces. You should be happy you have naturally straight teeth, and that you don't have to wear train tracks on your teeth." I said. "I know but hey, they are cool!" Calum said. "I look like a huge dork, no one is going to want to be my friend." I said telling him what I told my mom earlier. "That is not true Paisley, I will always be your friend no matter what, okay?" Calum said in a serious tone, one that was too serious for a boy in the sixth grade. "Okay, promise?" I asked. "Pinky Promise"

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*Authors Note*

The story will be picking up soon just be patient the time will come lol

Hope you guys enjoyed it

~M & B